weaver frquency shifter bug [fixed]

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i've found a bug in the weaver frequency shifter.

it works fine for about a minute, then the delay time zips to the minimum setting and won't change. it doesn't do this in some environments, and does in others.

this is really weird.. i've probably coded over a hundred delays and have NEVER seen this, so i have had no luck troubleshooting it. however i've been looking at using the fft as the inline filter, which will produce perfect bandlimiting and the cleanest shift results.. so a 100% overhaul is likely to be the solution there.

i'll rebuild it in the meantime and see if that makes a difference. sometimes weird things happen wiht sdks, though it's been about 4 or 5 years since i've had any 'ghost bugs' in a synthedit file.

:/
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

this was amusing..

the delay time param has a lowpass filter on it to smooth it (otherwise the artifacts produced by rapid modulation were exaggerated by the frequency shift). i was denormaling the b0 coefficient instead of the b0 value..

..this means that the delay length value was having a minute value added and then subtracted to it which was only detectable when it reached a rounding threshold. for some reason it doesn't do it in synthedit, and takes a while to be discernible in a host.

the file has been sent out to license holders and the demo has been updated :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “xoxos”