announcing aurora vst

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the 'harm' feature, it's a very musical thing to modulate. I don't think it's like the harmonic softsync variant, though, because the pitch jumps to each harmonic without any transitional sweeping. From what I understand, the harmonic softsync variant is sort of like hard sync, only the 'locking' you get on the fundamental, happens to each harmonic as you sweep the pitch up. It's an amazing sound, I heard an example once on youtube, but I can't seem to find it now.

Normal hard sync can also be softened, by providing a parameter which softens the transition at the sync-point, so that instead of creating a vertical edge, it's more like a crossfade loop found in samplers (only on a micro scale).

There's also the variant where you 'nudge' the phase forwards or backwards every time the master crosses zero (obviously, with a knob to vary the nudge power), as opposed to pulling it back to zero... These can sound quite fuzzy and uninteresting, but occasionally produces an interesting effect.

Congrats on the ping-pong sync though... The only other synth I've seen that does that, is my Alesis Ion, and it's implimentation of it is a bit jittery.

Incidentally, I find sync sounds also benefit from a bit of AM to smooth the edges over and create variations. Something to consider when making the ultimate sync-synth!

EDIT: I'm finding the white on light pink knob markings very hard to read... If I purchase, do you have a version with more contrast?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

no :hihi:

it's a recurrent theme - i keep my monitor brightness and contrast low (i right click > properties > select alt monitor scheme to watch a lot of videos) because it strains my eyes less, but most people don't. it was difficult to get the knobs where they are - they didn't have the effect i wanted with darker knobs.

this darkens the knob center.. the contrast is better, though it's still going to be invisible near the phong (top left) if you have bright monitor settings. i was determined to keep this synth definately pink with no available variants. (on the plus side, i'll only make one pink synth). but i could use the revenue. it's way more 'barbie toy' with the light pink knobs :)

i'm planning on ruminating these a while, deciding what works, and putting the best parts in horizon2, which will retain the ever popular black background. i think i've got a few physical models to do but probably this year :)

i usually take recordings of anything i develop that doesn't produce expected results/glitches, but the 'threshold' syncs must not have cut it. i've never heard the harmonics sync either so don't know what it's supposed to sound like.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

**december**

i've mentioned to a few people that i thought there was a bug with aurora and to expect an update...

well, there isn't, so there won't be an update...

i recently used a variation of the "for pad's sake" patch in a track with release modulated above the slider range, which just killed my cpu whenever the sound came in. i thought that perhaps there was a denormal issue that i hadn't found in testing that only exhibited itself with really long release times.

i finally got around to testing it, and it's not.. the patch has osc 2 pitch modulation (it's sample accurate), which is why the chord toppled my cpu. this patch is one of those times i should have frozen the part (if i wasn't stubborn about realtime rendering..)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “xoxos”