re: Public statement

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tend to see this in not so bleak a black and white scenario...there seems to be way too much of this enemy imagery going on.

Myself, I'd rather stick to actually doing the avoiding thing..if he has issues with me then so be it..no sense in tongue-fu fighting over it.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

artificial wrote:I think that everyone has the right to do decide with whom he's going to do business with and with whom he's not...
No if you are a business that's certainly not the case, as it would be discrimination to just rule out certain customers to do business with. On the other hand it is possible if the business has very good and valid reasons (like non-payment, act of crime, violating rules, etc) to do so in particular cases.

However the business should of course make clear upfront (with the exact reason why) that doing business with that person would in the future be declined. Xoxos obviously made that clear after he refunded all those payments a few months ago in that other thread and probably privately in more detail. Whatever the exact reason may be it should have been made clear to WhyteRabbyt then.

But.. this was a public Auction. And that is (or at least could be considered) another kind of "doing business", because there is a 3rd party involved that's selling a license that was gifted to them.

Since this is a special case, and both "selling parties" actually discussed with each other upfront that one bidder should be declined or outbid if he would win, they should have made clear upfront to him that he was not wanted and would be refused as a bidder (of course it would be debatable if that's even technically possible)

well, just to make that clear... I don't know what's background of this whole issue... and only had good experiences with both of them (xoxos and whyterabbyt)... unfortunately the charity auction was a sort of catalyst for all these problems... I realized I should not have posted in here because of the lack of background knowledge about the things that happened...

Anyway, I really hope you get your things sorted and wish you all the best...

i'm locking this thread as i did the other one.

please be aware that this is a support forum for my vst. this is not a forum for debating the merits or deficits of my business model.

on this occasion, i have felt the necessity of adding a public statement regarding recent events. this does not mean that this forum is for debating interpretations of my actions.

i think it goes without saying:

any post made by whyterabbyt will be deleted. he is not welcome in this forum. i won't do business with someone who has accused me of bearing several varieties of mental illness among other insults and wonder how he could possibly think i would.

similarly, anyone who thinks they are going to post denigrating interpretations of my actions in this forum is also mistaken. if you want to say bad things about me or the way i do business, write them in hpc, or the site stuff forum. if you consider that censorship, fine. i do admit that i will "censor" depreciative comments. they have no relevance whatsoever to the operation of my software.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “xoxos”