crash with multiple instances of surface

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is this to do with some inherant limitation of the VST or is it just me. I am on reaper and multiple instances of surface cause big crashes and error messages along the lines of "cant access memory violation". I'm not sure if this is just a reaper thing or a CPU thing though. I'd love to be able to use surface with multiple instances for having different pitches triggered etc. Thanks alot for any info and I love the VST (and alot of the other ones aswell), some of the best (sound/job specific) VST's online, free or otherwise!

no clue, but the old remedy to multiple instance bugs is to:

copy and rename the .dll file, as such:
surface.dll
surface1.dll
surface2.dll
et c.

they are then likely to show up in your host as separate plugins, allowing you to use each title once.

hopefully! :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

thanks works a treat, just noticed the multi cores sticky above ha!

i have to do it with horizon and a couple of others i developed around that time (probably some resource commonality). i don't have to do it for things i've developed this year :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “xoxos”