about the gui

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i endeavoured to meet the requests from many of you for a larger interface. i do wish i'd done this some other time, as i ended up with a huge and crammed gui as the featureset approached bloatage imo for once.. i forgive myself for the unlabeled invert and velocity controls (hopefully obvious to others as well).

i believe that after the initial transition to my contrast scheme you'll appreciate the discrete yet gentle choice. my text and controls don't jump off the panel and may appear muted at first, they do provide easy terrain for hours of meandering eye movements... firmly visible, not vividly or harshly so, and functional at various monitor settings.

8) that's why i do it like that, i hope it is sufficient for your purposes :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Looking forward to seeing the new GUI. :)

Hear, hear !

the fukk (erm full) gui looked horrid squished there, so here's a bit

here it is -
http://www.xoxos.net/vst/images/adze.jpg

now concerning audio,
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

On the positive side, at least it's not pink :D

watch it, or i'll go back and make all the knobs 23x23 again :hihi:

1023 x 607 = larger than my notebook display.

fortunately, there's

what? none of you want to play the "let's talk about this like a couple of old pros even though i don't have the slightest idea if it's good for anything" game?

where's the drool, the declarations of fealty and unworthiness. i'm releasing software here. aren't some of you americans? you know, money may eventually be exchanged at some point, there ought to be balloons at least.

okay, fine. i need three known beta testers with a < 48 hour response time. email preferred :) (the manual is incomplete, so experience is necessary)

xoxos wrote:what? ... aren't some of you americans?
Reporting for Duty!

I am nobody's american, I cannot do any test ATM and I'm so sproumky that I can't notice much difference with the previous skins. A balloon ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

i pressed for time atm,gonna have to move house soon,loads of crap.
i will test soon and report back asap,sir!

edit:(hang on a minute,i ain't no american,i'm english,i ain't gotta do nuttin.!)

I know I'm in on this thread late but if I may offer some criticism of your new GUI, here is some.

Why not make different sections of the GUI have different hues? That way, it'd be easier to see at a glance where (for example) the filter section is and what's going on there. The demonstration image you have shown features fairly nice basic elements but it's not the most readable thing ever. It looks like row after row of basically the same thing. It would be nice if they were labeled and slighly differentated even if it's just a bit of text calling each section "osc 1," "osc 2," etc.

The font is also a little strange and a little bit difficult to read. A more standard font like Clearview, Segoe UI, or Droid Sans would probably look about as good aesthetically but would be a vast amount more useful for a new user trying to get a handle on the software.

ty, my reasonings are.... font on gui is 7 pixels tall. font you are reading is that tall without any dots or tails or capitals, so making eg. droid readable would require about 14 pixels height. i use a laptop, so gui size is important.

the shading on the gui is due to use more than visual appeal.. it's easy to be vivid and eyecatching, but hours of vivid, eyecatching guis translates to increased fatigue, so i reduce contrast in comparison to most of the guis you see online, and of course, in the context of online guis, mine will appear comparatively muted and low contrast.

i also stick to the monochrome thing.. personal taste, once my window has 1/2 dozen guis in it, it's pretty colourful.. making panels different colours or shades generally looks patchworky, depends on the design. i'm more likely to do so with a lower panel count.

text labels.. internally (eg. automation list) param names are enumerated "osc 1", "osc 2" et c. adding these to the gui is clutter since everything on the first line is #1.

ty for the criticism anyway.. it's due to criticism that the font is 7 pixels tall here instead of 5.

Ayavaron wrote: It looks like row after row of basically the same thing. It would be nice if they were labeled and slighly differentated even if it's just a bit of text calling each section "osc 1," "osc 2," etc.
you do realise it 'is' rows of the same thing (one row for each sample),being a sample player,not a synth.and the labels are at the bottom of each section?

Return to “xoxos”