this is the BETA

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1337th thread view :)

i love how this looks

you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

it's the helpful indica-tor arrow that i like :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I downloaded this but haven't tried it out as I've been exceptionally slack in moving my music stuff over to my new computer. It's been two months now. Nice. Seems I'm more interested in playing games at the moment.

The concept of analysing the samples with a single FFT frame strongly reminds me of free experimental software called Mammut. That thing also FFTs anything you throw at it in a single frame. Maybe something for you to check out if you were planning further development in this area and were looking for some inspiration for new transformations.

got a chance to play - mono files only?
Sounded really neat, added a lot of punch to some samples. The GUI is a wee bit tiny for my tired eyes, but there is a magic there.

I'll mention that it hung up in FL Studio/Win 7 64, especially if I tried to jump around to different presets, but my whole system seems to have grown unstable lately, so I can't say if it has anything at all to do with Stoooner
..what goes around comes around..

It looks like I'm a bit late to the game on this one but wow lots of cool stuff going on here! Took me awhile get a more intuitive feel for the interface and all the spectral modifications (actually I'm still working on developing my intuition on this) but loaded up some drum samples and definitely got some great and some not so great results. Next up I loaded a 2 second bass line sample bounced straight down from a synth and went to town...after lots of knob turning I decided to hit the record button and roll with it for a couple minutes, it's a bit repetitive so I just cropped a minute or so out in case anyone wants to hear more clips of this thing in action, although if you want to hear what it's really capable of your best off listening to Rurik's demos not mine.

The raw bassline sample:

http://www32.zippyshare.com/d/17348976/ ... 20bass.mp3

After some knob turning in Stoooner:

http://www32.zippyshare.com/d/51236928/ ... sounds.mp3

The second file is simply a raw 707-style kick drum with the one Stoooner track running over it, all the other percussive sounds are from the filtering/mods done to the bassline sample within stoooner... it's very simple stuff but hopefully some of you who are wondering a little more what sounds you can get from the FFT resynthesis will have a slightly better idea between these and what others have posted.

In Ableton Live 8 32-bit , Windows 7 64-bit had no problems with sound or persistence of settings over multiple program closes/loads, minimal CPU spikes and mostly only when dealing with real-time switching of spectral parameters (which is to be expected).
I can definitely see a lot of use for this, especially the extreme time stretching stuff which I have yet to really explore on a worthy sample - thanks again for another solid release xoxos!

ouroboros wrote:got a chance to play - mono files only?
precisely. or stereo.

:ud:

nerdpatrol wrote:solid
8)

doh!
I couldn't get the stereo files to work.
I think the problem is between the keyboard and my ears, sorry.
..what goes around comes around..

:) on the plus, it could be a clue to whatever's happening with your system :)

I use stoooner in a reaper project (Reaper 4.402, 32 bits, win 7 64 bits) and there is a problem when loading the project: Reaper crashes. If I open it with FXs offline, and then bring them online one at a time, it works perfectly.

Is that a feature?
:wink:

unless THAT is the beta. sorry couldn't resist :P

Ah, yep. Anyway it is a really cool way of exploring sound. I like it a lot. I go for the workaround of bringing FXs offline without any problem, and if it stays that way it won't be something that keep me from using it!

Return to “xoxos”