release

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

still to do: add to kvr database, offer copies to contributors, start product awareness campaign in proper, audio demos.

done:
updated xoxos.net with purchase buttons ($13.37 new, $4.20 previous, bundle prices changed to $32, $16, $8)
special pay as many times as you like offer! (valid with any real number)

youtube video on spectral functions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czH6bYe0w3I
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:special pay as many times as you like offer! (valid with any real number)
OK, you got me!
Real numbers?
I can't even get it to accept an integer other than one.
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

so tell me, folks, so i can know. why is this plugin dead only a week after its release?

i think it's been four days since i've talked to anyone about it, let alone sold one.

i'm thinking - this sampler does stuff that i don't know anything else that does it. maybe this is due to me not knowing enough products. or maybe i've misenvaluated the value of novel timbral features. there are other possibilities.

why can't i afford to buy a pot for my banana and a new shirt yet?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

checked: 8 days, $33.60

am i doing something wrong?

xoxos wrote:am i doing something wrong?
You should publish a more dramatic image of your banana tree... :wink:

xoxos:
Your plugins are quite unique and fresh, in their core. And very accesible as price. And I use/love some.

The problem, as I see it, it's the interface and the promotion.
The interface - in this time and day it makes me feel blind - it doesn't show much feedback or representation of whats happening with sound and the values are just sliders and knobs, all packed like sardines. It's sort of unidirectional interface. I feel that one can't really do much that way ...

For example - in ADZE - one can't even see if any of the decks is loaded or not - or if any of the decks is playing or is silent. Basic stuff thats not there.

Also in ADZE - being non-realtime (a spectral editor of sorts) - would be great to see a waveform representation/rendering of the loaded(original) sound and the playing/result sound, a window that refreshes after (any) spectral manipulation. ( or even a raw spectral representation will be great to understand and see what one have done to original sound ).

You can't expect ppl to go crazy for a plugin that's more like a technology demo or an "internal release".

The promotion part: you should have more user demos ( soundcloud maybe ) and more youtubes.

But i feel that the important part that puts users away is the interface.
I hope you will research and fix this issue. Your ideas/work/continuity deserve a much better fate :)

xoxos wrote:am i doing something wrong?
You're probably asking the wrong people (most of the folk around here quite like it ...)
(And what's wrong with your old shirt anyway?)

But ...
... is there such a thing as 'too' generous?
Did all those people (do you have numbers?) who downloaded Stoooner not like it? Or did you just give them everything they wanted already?
And ...
... pro gear at pocket-money prices? Doesn't always sit well with either group.

What to do?
Maybe get that guy who does Bootsie's UIs to re-skin it for you.
Bundle a few samples.
Add a shed-load of patches.
Create a demo with an ear-splitting noise burst every four seconds.
And give it a $100-plus price tag.

If you don't, as soon as they've figured out how you've done this, someone else will. I give it six months. 12, tops.

i've lost two shirts this year by bending over forwards and ripping the back open. most of them are getting close to two decades old.

i have a lot of fun with shirts. occasionally i'll buy a nice one, and every time, the first time i wear it it gets torn.

as far as the user interface wakax, i don't feel it's missing anything. the few drum samplers i've used don't have indicators or anything else but knobs and sliders. if i were using the vst sdk instead of the se sdk you'd see more graphic display, but not much more. is a waveform display necessary here? i don't think so, beyond the aesthetic accustomisation. the only parameter it could affect is start position, and that is clearly audible and visible.

and so forth :)

we could check out the guis of other percussion synthesizers, and i believe most of them will similarly consist of knobs and sliders. i don't believe my guis are particularly disadvantaged by not having so much extra flash.

it's like asking me for a hz readout of a filter cutoff - great, but most items don't have it, i don't feel it has much pertinence on usability or marketability beyond what people would like me to think.

Syntilla wrote: ... is there such a thing as 'too' generous?
depends on whether you think i'm giving you stuff or devaluing marketplace opportunities.
Syntilla wrote: What to do?
i know, i'll have a sale

me not have a lot of time these days,maybe like a lot of kids you don't have much attention span,
so i haven't had chance to test it yet,so first impressions about promo/sales=not quite sure what it's best feature/selling point is/video's cute robo-voice is hard to understand/video's first bit just looks like it's making the samples louder/your front page doesn't have a pic or a stand-out selling point/new price points a bit confusing/ these days kids like everything big and simple to see/grab on impulse,that's why my stuff doesn't sell much,but i'm not changing soon.peeps like vids these days but i never did them neither.my loss i guess.
hope this helps a bit,
once it's in the kvr database may help.

I saw the youtube ad spacedad posted elsewhere on the site. It totally appealed to me. But I'm not entirely normal

Maybe simplifying it a bit would be in order? I'm sure that everything has a purpose. But so far, I've mainly been using the 4 'function' sliders and that has provided quite enough instant gratification and interesting audio for me.

Anyway, I love it. It's amazing.

note fwiw -

sales since the release of adze have successfully kept my url online for another year, and moved my misi luki into a lovely $60 17" h/d home that ought to keep her until she's big enough to withstand gnawers.

:)

thank you, from me. yep, totally bananas folks.

Return to “xoxos”