xoxos 2014

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

..the thread i've been intending to start for the last month and a half.. (year's almost over) just so there's a recent thread here :hihi:

currently, and foreseeably (several months), i'm very much at work on a major project, related but not vst. i like to imagine that you'll all be very impressed (lol) so much so that you'll immediately rush to purchase it once it is available. it's not breathcube. announcement.. mid year.. some point this year...

as far as vst goes, i'm not sure that i've had even thirty bong related sales since it was released, which was my great hope and acid test for continuing vst sales.. with such significant lack of reception and the fact that i'm not really enthusiastic about finding ways to extricate capital from others by plying their appetites, as i've said many times.. there aren't many items that i really feel are worth adding.

but the project i'm working on now will hopefully rejuvenate the use of preexistent products and methods...

possible but doubtful releases... syng3 is complete but non compiled.. (with foreseeable fine tuning remaining) having too much fun with syng2. syng3 will never be a "product", but may see some limited commercial distribution at some point (it's my voice, so i would impose a bunch of rigorous and unreasonable seeming stipulations on would-be buyers). syng 2.5 is another *idea* ... being syng2 with the envelopes stripped off and several sends added for assigning modulation (free of charge of course). the host i use now has much more stable automation than the last, so a release adapted for such usage. convenience but no real necessity = possible but doubtful.

so still here to some degree. maybe not releasing much, but.. putting in enough hours to be constantly riding that ear fatigue/tinnitus margin. yeehaw!
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Welcome to kvr, man. May the Force be with you and your project...
You can't always get what you waaaant...

WB :)

Dangit max 30 BONG sales only? But it was not the code. For sure. Mine won`t be replaced until I have found something better soundwise (and I doubt that). I had lots of fun lately with ADZE. I really like the amp envelope morphing (genius!) and slightly get the hang of the LFO which I have not used before.

Good to hear you are working on something new. :)

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Proud to be 1 0f 30 :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Here another one of 30. I like Bong very much. It's is very good sounding drum synth with lot's of different drums modeled. It's even hard to make it sound bad. :)

Perhaps a more attractive skin may attract additional buyers? Although how it sounds is much more important than the looks, I have to admit it is a bit pale and fiddly.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

considered the gui, but i expect the forces of disinterest in the vst market would probably be just as effective no matter what it looked like.

ty for the well wishes. may have somethnig fancy to show and tell about sometime in spring.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

shortly after posting this i became injured..

i sat cross-legged to work, and given my ardency for the project was putting in a lot of hours. gradually i noticed i was having a difficult time unwrapping my legs and eventually the day came where i realised i was unable to sit down any more.

yes, "weaver's bottom", or a compounded hip bursitis. i sat on my ass so much i hurt it lol, so for the last month or so i've been standing up. bending my hip into a sitting position was unbearable.

it's been cool though, i've been getting in a load of hiking, just can't sit. it's funny, yes?

now i'm finally getting to the point where i can sit for a minute without regretting it, so i'm really looking forward to being able to sit down like a normal person. it kinda sucks to get high when you have to stand up, just not the same.. cos you can't space out or you'll fall over and stuff. i love to sit on my ass and get stoned! :(

so, another delay to my productivity, but at least this one is amusing.

*edit* oh yeah - something else i noticed.

while i was wandering around on them mountains a whole buncha composin happens. i'm getting on in years and avoid loud noises like discotheques, so hiking is one of the few ways i maintain a high heart rate.

and what do you know, all the songs i come up with are right there at a similar tempo, which matches my heart rate. which matches all that stuff people say about heart rates syncing with the beat in trance induction.

it's very obvious but honestly in all my years of production i've been arrogant enough to maintain that bpm was arbitrary and ignore/override this obvious fact (basically because all my listening during this time was sedentary.. or perhaps otherwise due to my academic predeliction for a diaspora of musics, eg. algorithmic generation where bpm is entirely randomised). sad really :)

I hope you get well soon. Glad you can also see the funny side of this uncomfortable condition. :-)
Keep on taking hikes regularly even once you're completely recovered. And a good soft seat may help as well.

Since you've increased you physical condition by hiking a lot recently, your music may become slower because of a slower base heartrate. :-)
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

may '14..

still not sitting down but feels like i'll be able to one day :) i can crouch again and going through the various mysterious sensations of parts finding their way back into their proper place. how can you f**k yourself up so bad just sitting cross-legged..

paid my hosting for another year without begging for it! :) ty dreamhost and customers (they have a good starter package on now, especially if you give me a referral)

not in a hurry to do much, "project" alright, spacedad says "amazing" or something like that. maybe it was "alright".

looks like small amounts (quarter ounce) of some sorta wifi x c99 hybrid are in my future, so i may be able to get some shit done. and there you have it folks, all the facts on xoxos may '14.

How's your summer coming along? (At your discretion, imagine small talk about the weather. We had 12 days of hailstorm here last month.) Summer camps or such? Mayhaps a hidden DC victory lurks nigh -- or other abundant yields in your sight?

Return to “xoxos”