some other dumb idea

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"maybe i just need to get out more" (i've never eg. played the guitar hero kinda video games) i was thinking of making generative music app that lead the user through a series of choices diversified enough to result in a rudimentarily unique end product.. ~an interactive breathcube. maybe three to five multiple choice steps per timbre and per sequence, a few arrangement options.. after a few dozen steps you get a finished audio file, so no more commitment is needed than your usual online "which batman am i?" multiple choice test.

applications would be ~naive walk-thru to the production process, insta-tunes for indy gamers et c., or crap for idiots to fool around and waste time with. you know, demi-educational/indoctrinational, entrepeneurial, and total unabashed bullshit. the regular markets for software.

as a developer/designer, it could kinda take off where you create specific apps to define a genre instead of accomodate one, and progress the conception of genre.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I love generative stuff

could i get a few folks to beta this?

http://xoxos.net/temp/beta.zip

it's a windows exe i was working on last year. all i want to know is if it runs on your o.s. and has no performance glitches for say five or ten minutes (eg. the animation rate appears constant).

[esc] = quit (important!)
arrows = move
[ctrl] = fire

simple unfinished vector graphics game kinda like defender with an asteroids view.. floating over (entirely ha) the small circles will dock them, you are unable to fire until you place them on the planet (center) to earn points. fire damages enemy ships and rescues. atm only rescues expire and the score display is broadcasting some other data.

if you're interested, the graphics routines are mine :D i read about wu lines and always thought they looked like they were lacking something which i decided was intensity, so i use panning laws to curve the intensity of pixels on the border and wrote my own routines just because i believe in me power *twinkle*.

let me know if this win32 app runs on your win 7 and 8 machines! :D

also inviting sensible and insensible comments on parameterisation for music generation (eg. "it should have only ONE dial labeled "high amount").
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

win7 64
all fine here - impressed with this new branch of development :)
..what goes around comes around..

hem... works fine on Wine here (Debian 64 bits). Funny little game but the ship goes out of control very fast.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Works here on Windows 7 32 bit. Not as fun as Redneck Rampage though.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

those are fun. good to hear, especially about 64 bit. any windows ate people?

working nice here on win7-64.

also nice to know ppl still find threads in this forum :)

"really this is amazing news that an exe compiled on premillennial software is still utterly functional on modern systems, if news of this got out it could completely undermine the sincerity of the 64 bit upgrade market" oh yawn

pretty please one more.. figure i only need one actual person to test it, someone with 64 bit 7 or 8 and preferably one of the persons who complains about things being too small and (accordingly..) has a huuuuuuuuge monitor from a discount shopping warehouse with a pixel count in the hundreds of millions set to display fonts at several handspans height. :hyper:

watching for the handles thing.. i've used gui text in several apps (eg. lyrics generators) but not with animation, so experientially i'm fusing two display techniques i haven't used together. if the app runs for ~8 minutes without things suddenly displaying buggy for you as well then i'll assume competence towards that issue.

hopefully the font should be the same size it usually is and 'play' should be surrounded in a single pixel width box (text may display aa depending on your system font display settings, i don't know how it will look).

a beautiful tone should be heard, which will hard sync and change pitch at familiar bpm settings when 'play' is selected. the 'vary' param does nothing. 'count' increases the occurence of results other than 8. the integer displayed below that will probably have a white block next to it, which is okay, it's diagnostic.

[esc] to quit.

http://xoxos.net/temp/blewm.exe

Runs without problems here on Win8! The audio is currently just coming out of the left speaker though.
The game you posted earlier also runs perfectly. I'm really bad at it though :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

font size is correct ,sound is working,bpm working.

Both appear to work fine Win8 32bit
Amazon: why not use an alternative

oh,sorry forgot to mention win7 64.

Bronto Scorpio wrote: The game you posted earlier also runs perfectly. I'm really bad at it though :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis
i kind of think of it as boats :party: or prostrate penguins on ice :lol: the perfect name..

noticed there was a dc a week ago and figured i'd buy more precious attention with an entry than an objecting statement. will see how far it gets. i am certain that whatever results will have a better mix than new blend.

the right speaker is there, at 1/4096th or something..

thank you for the reports and screenshot :)

Return to “xoxos”