Derler System / TUBS [Time Unit Box System]

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey xoxos,

I read an interesting paper over the last days and wondered if you know something about it or at least have heard about it or the author? The paper apparently only has been published in German in a Jazz Research magazine - > http://www.jazzresearch.org/1/1/node/306/ . It´s about the TUBS and notation of Westafrican Rhythms and polyrhythm notation which later expands to some kind of "all possible rhythms" matrix and how many of them are real different etc...

Later they found out that some patterns can be found worldwide in all cultures in all kind of "non western music" for ages...

And another German writing Author called Maximiliam Hendler popped up on Google after some search too who wrote some paper about it as well (Additive Rhythm, some stuff about slavic rhythms).

Keywords: Derler System, Rudolf Derler, Derler Permutation, Maximilian Hendler

And you as some kind of percussion and stepsequencer probability guy was the first I thought off who could help me out at this topic. Never heard of it but after I saw the first TUBS notation sheet I was like "wtf" that looks like a 12 step step sequencer from xoxos. :D

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

hey halma, i did a bit of research on tal and similar around working on circuit. as notation it is a system of representation, for objectifying something observed. i endorse discretising between representation and presentation as source dependent methods. but not really strongly. i wouldn't want to be all endorse endorse if you had something else going on.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “xoxos”