feature requests

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dunno if this will be realised,

i actually do have a couple of plug ideas i'd like to develop this year (syng3 finishing manual today). one of these ambitions is to release a free synth. reason being that on the few occasions people are looking for a f/w synth with a feature my stuff offers, i haven't got any fully functional freeware releases in several years (samplers yes, synths no).

not thinking about it too much, might do like larger poly on payware to "help make the time worthwhile" like a milky bastard.

what kind of stuff would you like to see on such a beast?

- i would like to use zero delay filters i have only used on payware/samplers

- looking for low osc count kinda deal.. simplicity. maybe a more complex filter stage (exactly how dunno) to accomodate my current patching trend. definately an impulse train osc for this function, assortment of algorithms depends how big the idea gets, and i like tidy ideas..

i'm sure if people say anything they will say unison, and i don't really want to write a unison engine right now..

one of my primary motivations is to make a tidy synth to replace the non-unison stuff i currently use aurora for, because i'd like to use the other filters and use different envelopes..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

um some might call me nuts but a paraphonic option for the filter? you only really hear paraphonic in the context of snobs correcting people when they call their cheap synth polyphonic, just assumed to be inferior, but its one of my favorite things about my volca keys; a secret weapon. i believe it to be generally tidier, more unified which seems helps it mix. But then when resonance happens, with no modulation (except maybe a bit of square lfo), all these strange harmonics come out, with all the notes in yr chord being cutoff at the same frequency, and then pushed to self oscillation that you cant tell apart from the rest of the signal because its all riding the same eg and being literally smashed through the same filter. these sounds are filthy! sounds that moog never even considered. the square wave lfo on the filter, given this thinking, is modulating between two notes that cutoff all other notes.

but then at this point, if any kind of key tracking is introduced, the whole things goes f**king bananas. this is, again, another point on which shortsighted purists would probably write the whole thing off, because the filter 'steps' at midi values. But all i see is a MUSICALLY PLAYABLE FILTER. its like this... so if i play a left hand part through an external midi controller that keytracks the filter, offset by cutoff, and then lead on the volca keyboard, which doesnt have keytracking, it lets me play a bassline that takes musical bites out of my chords. nothing i've heard sounds like this, it sounds like real magic. admittedly, i don't know how could be translated to vst and simplified, but something like how syng works would do it. regular notes on ch 1, notes plus cutoff ch 2.... or having notes only modulate cutoff when velocity gate is exceeded? vocal recognition that only allows modulation when the Michael Jackson free willy song is sung along at a rate syncopated to host tempo by 13\12?

now we're talking.

even if you don't consider my awesome idea, seeing ZDL filters on aurora would be cool, it would probably make it a main contender amongst the higher functioning softsynths. Does it have audio rate modulation? some drifty super high speed modulation would be awesome. individual detuning between voices has become a fad, but with good reasoning. does the sample and hold clock to white noise?? those are the main things i can think that seem to help willfully suspend digital belief...

after reading the thread I feel too excited and now I'm confused :drunk:
the first thing that comes to mind are ..
payware/samplers filter are perfect especially Adze/float..my favorites are also the Karlsen and the fast filter of Naive Lead and the low and moog filter on W ,the noise algorithms on Standard and the hard,soft sync of Aurora.
and of course the xoxos super lfo and envelopes!
Unison is not needed for what is already the beautiful Aurora :love:
I will not ask other stupid things I need a few days of deep meditation and I will try to make an interesting request :)

thank you for the feature affirmations.. helpful..

hmm korg volca does stuff hmm.. i often kinda feel like if all the unique synth processes were each represented in a vst, there'd only be a couple dozen. i try to be emphatic about this in reference to my releases..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

serving as an innocuous top of the page general purpose thread :)

we have bugfixes for aurora and bong :)

"don't ask me how i didn't notice" (i use aurora most days, but never this way..) aurora would not not gate sync.. once i could admit it, it was easy to find the solution :) we're going to wait on the public update for that for a few days.

same for bong -

the way i had shut off voices could create a single sample click depending on noise amp and seed, so it evaded detection. the solution there will take a thorough proofing session and connecting my netbook to a larger monitor so i can open and compile the project, so there's a few days there as well :)

real bugs, real solutions! nice!

how about the high hats in bong? the open and closed hat won't trigger if the pedal is held down. i had some workaround that involved sampling and transposition, but i'll be damned if i can remember how, it no longer seems like it should be possible.

anyway, in keeping with the spirit of the thread, how about a filter with cutoff values snapped to the harmonic series? i'm pretty sure no one has cared about those except electrical engineers, and i'm pretty sure their need of them is more pragmatic than aesthetic. and i'm absolutely positive that it might sound interesting.

probably sound very loud :) i seem to remember hearing about something similar in a synth.

bong uses the native SE drum trigger module to process the midi. i believe it would be possible to replace it without adverse effects except me having to do it :D

about the "week update" - this is of course stoner weeks.. the aurora update is ready but nondistriuted if people want to bug me for it, otherwise i'll mail out the update when i finish whut i'm doing.

been writing a video game for the last few weeks, probably a week left, mostly finished. it's got very simple graphics (circles.. antialiased but just circles..) with gameplay a bit like "joust," higher colliding object wins. i've been calling it "levels" .... one of the people who harass me was making fun of it .. you gotta beat all the circle opponents so they called it "lick those balls" :lol:

"xoxos ball licker" available for download soon... :hihi:

it would be nice to have a synth with a structure similar to Standard also because it has noise generator.
xoxos wrote:maybe a more complex filter stage (exactly how dunno) to accomodate my current patching trend. definately an impulse train osc for this function, assortment of algorithms depends how big the idea gets, and i like tidy ideas...
thinking of new filters and complex routing would love to have the chance to process external audio and maybe even an envelope follower....

and also I'd like some other member of the forum would do some good request! here are only two :(
because people do not show interest? This is not nice IMO :uhuhuh:

"real busy" programming atm. which means neglecting everything in life i can neglect :)

i just hate software development.

like right now, i'm doing a 3d video game. the basics are so simple that a kid with a good grasp of pre-algebra math could do the same.

so, why don't they?

because there are a world full of people who "must get paid" so eg. our culture pronounces that math is hard, especially for girls (it's like i say... "i never met anyone called their dick math before")

so there's no public empowerment, no "i could teach you to implement this in two brief paragraphs" only "geez everyone my sainted fingers are busy stuffing bonbons up my ass" and everyone waits for a miracle.

no, even people who aren't extricative soon learn, don't encourage the Little people to think that their thoughts are even pertinent. or fluffy little something will come along and start suggesting all kinds of things.

continue onwards with stuff i've been saying here since 2002. :)

I tried the game is very nice but I hate video games, because to me cause effects such as LSD :hihi:

I have a little question ,there will never be an update of bong with some new algorithm?

bong has a forthcoming bugfix to remove 1-sample clicks possible on the close of some sounds that use noise. algorithm like sequence? no. hosts already have sequencing features, i'm not going to fill up gui space tacking an inferior sequencer on a drum machine.

i should get off my butt and do some more audio soon (first: effects plug, then aurora and bong bugfix releases) but i'm really "enjoying" the code i'm on atm (3d environment) so i'm gonna gonna finish this "panels on side" part first. that's my license to complain about developers with sainted fingers :) hypocrite, see.

OK it's good :tu:
About bong is perfect no need sequencer, I hate virtual drum machine whit sequencer, for me Bong is the perfect Drum synth (not a stupid clone of a drum machine)
new algorithms is about some new kind of kick drum or hit hat, for example, I like to have a kind of new type of static hit hat like a sample(but not a sample) 8)
It is still just an idea I do not want to disturb with crap :)

if i can accomplish one thing, it is to demystify "development" and potentiate the public. course in 2015 my case is tired and stretched thin as f**k.

it's f**king pathetic, in 2015, most americans think c++ is untouchable.. not only that, but most kvr users think c++ is untouchable... jesus my f**king balls here...

c++ is so easy

int a = 5;
for (int b = 0; b < 4; b++) a = a + b;

or
a += b;
or
a *= b;
if you want to use shorthand....... that's about the most challenging for nescients to understand statement you'll see in code i write..

you look out there and you get cocksuckers telling you about their precious fingers. i could have every kvr user's mom competently programming c++ in a week, on the condition that we stick with 32 bit systems.

no one is stupid, people are encourage to focus on their desires and weaknesses.

i'm still using borland freecommandlinetools as a c++ compiler.

it works for 32 bit systems. it's a 5 meg download, something beyond the universe of MS.

personally, i weigh two options:

sell people 64 bit OS

stick with 32 bit OS and potentiate ALL HUMANITY TO THE UBERSTARS by helping people become enabled.

oh, cripes, apparently i've woken up and forgotten i'm in a universe full of masons who prefer to keep their fellows inept and incapable and dependent on their offerings, sorry for writing all of this thinking we could all sort of grow and move forward. people would rather get invisible dicks up their ass and think i'm crazy.

"i could have every kvr user's mom competently programming c++ in a week"

deliver that to the quoted out of context thread, perhaps with a comma or emphasis in pronounciation :hihi:

Return to “xoxos”