Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

fite - game for win32

xoxos
Mr Entertainment

12045 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:16 am fite - game for win32

years ago i realised no one is interested in my music generators because there are no 3d graphics! ha. so i have been doing 3d graphics, so no one can be interested in my music generators even with 3d graphics. that will show you all.

super minimal style FPS, graphics are boring, movement is what you do.

some screenshots..

so now i know how to do all of that. the audio... most sounds are unsigned char math with a low pass, to produce slightly more tonal noise than white noise. fun to code, but just crappy sounds when you play it. guns sound like lighting farts et c.

footsteps are kinda interesting from dev standpoint, procedural, but again, a minimal implementation so not super awesome. that's how i envaluate, as a person who makes things, then makes more things, i like to hear the raw thing.

one thing i really wanted people to pick up on, is that this shit is f**king simple. the whole game, from blank document, took ten weeks., it's probably under 3k lines. all the math is linear.. stuff a twelve year old ought to be able to suss (pending they can handle the concept of 2d rotation). and of course this is mental low level eg. how to draw a triangle, cpu rendered, no accel.

because for gpu, you need to dig some more knowledge out of human asshole. but i made a game, and stayed entirely out of the ass! very clever fellow!

have fun :)
http://xoxos.net/temp/fite.zip
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
where there is certainty, consideration is absent.
Pytchblend
KVRist

436 posts since 4 Jul, 2011, from Manchester, UK

Postby Pytchblend; Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:15 pm Re: fite - game for win32

Looks really interesting. Does the audio compare to Blewm? Can the player steer the sounds?
When can we hear it?
Pytchblend
KVRist

Looks really interesting. Does the audio compare to Blewm? Can the player steer the sounds?
When can we hear it?
Pytchblend
KVRist

When can we hear it?
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

12045 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:30 pm Re: fite - game for win32

bugger - i knew i was going to do that when i was writing it.. distractions.

link also added to original post :p
http://xoxos.net/temp/fite.zip
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Moderators: xoxos, Moderators (Main)

Return to xoxos