xoxos summer 2017 Official Version

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

posted as a kindness to prospective customers -

since this industry began, i have supported public access to "contemporary modes of expression" which is increasingly less valid. commercial activities have served over the decade+ of paid xoxos vst releases both to perpetuate development and for profit, putting food in my mouth for years. not a lot but enough to keep me going, and of course, you my customers have my lasting gratitude. it's easy to say, but really. no smily.

with the decline of the validity of my social application, and the general public disinterest in anything interesting :D , my incentive to develop doesn't compete for the public's attention with products that are continually updating their operating foundation.

i do have audio code and projects ITW but i'm making enough to pay bills elsewhere and don't feel like dancing around for the handful of sales turning them into commercial projects may generate, and really it's much more interesting and productive to follow what is interesting not what is selling. and at present i'm much more interested in building things that move around than audio software.

xoxos vst isn't necessarily EOS, whether i code audio in the future and whether that becomes audioware can't be determined at present. but i don't see it being a focus for some time. but you never know, maybe something terrible could happen at any moment and i'm rushing some crap to saleability in a fortnight.

a lot of my commercial vst are way past due to being freeware, and one of these days i'll get around to sorting them all, but don't wait up because seriously overhauling a webpage is not a thrilling prospect. soz to be casual about it, but at the same time, i'm sure the number of persons looking for 32 bit resources at present, is diminishing. i don't really care about 64 bit, it will be 128 256 whatever before long, i'll stick with the one that i don't have to rebuild every time MS passes gas. sorry if you're too young to own an OS that doesn't want to have your babies. if you post anything about 64 bit, i will destroy your post. not delete, destroy.

in the meantime, customers of the last year or so are aware, any purchase of say $20 will net you everything (except explodelay because it's in a different zip because i'm just lazy, explodelay will get you everything). i know that's not fair, and i appreciate the goodwill, but life is in such a way that half an hour with paypal's button factory isn't in my cards for a while. if you want to buy stuff, good for you, thanks, if you don't you're probably sensible. the vst that aren't relegated to freeware will be similarly lumped with a single price so buy now buy later same result.

so not necessarily over with vst and audio coding, but for the most part "EH". page will stay up for as many years as i can pay for it, licenses and the casual "support" i offer continue.

kvr, not so much. the roar of ...what's a polite word for it... here speaks for itself. hate reading liars and hate reading people getting mashed up believing them. rock pools to the lot of you and that's e... evolution... o.. evolution.. "some of them grow to enormous proportions, while others only grow to my nob-a-lee NIs"

(that's so funny... if only you paid enough attention to realise how hilarious that is..)

in the future, maybe you can buy a xoxos singing swarm of microdrones instead of a vst. so much more engaging for my sensibilities, so much more rewarding to develop, and i don't need to keep up with OS or SDK b.s. being kicked in the face thanks a lot by boring cretinous profiteers who make all the world retarded as if they won't eventually be made to suffer by their self created environment of innumerable diminished persons.

read my sig,
legalise it,
and spend some time to appreciate your parents while you can. mine inspired me and supported me to try and change what i could in the world, and acknowledging that kindness is, from my perspective, immensely more valuable and valid than any result you could see in the world of people seeking misadventure.

as a last final final word,
let me add that all of the things i have posted here over the last 12 years about "organised covert harassment by international organisations" is all true. i won't argue for it, but as always, to assert it is kindness, because all of us, not just targeted individuals, are victims of the debilities imposed upon us. TIs are simply "fortunate" enough to be aware of it. watching everyone suffer from it, is absolutely terrible. feel guilty. open your senses, and reduce your faculty for certainty.

not gone, but not wasting a whole bunch of time here or doing this. and try black. because, that's good audio synthesis. not shuffle and half baked hype.

thank you to old time folks, all the years of showing up and championing for the people.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

It's been a wild ride, I've heard stuff I couldn't possibly have imagined.

I've just purchased Explodelay to make my xoxos collection complete for now. I hope you one day return to expand the collection but I certainly have more than enough exploring to do within your current output to keep me happy for some time.

Thank you xoxos. :hug:
Last edited by chuck death on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The King is dead, long live the King :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

thank you xoxos for everything, your vst (and comments) were always the most exciting thing here for me.

so many xoxos vst are my weapons of choice, so much creative code, so much lovely crappy UI ;)
dont know why people tend to refuse 32bit stuff. never had any problem using 64bitDAWs with your pluggos.

fforet wrote:the most exciting thing here
:hihi:

when i was about eight or nine, i witnessed two horrific acts of violence (IRA bomb and toddler slaughtered on playground gear). otherwise my childhood was exemplary due to my lovely welsh family.

at the age of ten, shortly after "are friends electric?" was released, we moved to the united states where i was struck by the "discrepancy between cultures", let's say.

at the age of twenty, i was introduced to the concept of memetics and was able to articulate my perception of the influence of music and specifically song to belief.

i saw the spread of vst technology as the single greatest opportunity... for many things... ..to redact memetic "faults" by democratic insurgence, and for simple erudition, to cultivate awareness of natural and ideal forms.

but most people saw it as an opportunity to cash in.

a few weeks ago i apparently hammered my coworker with application of rationale. people here aren't used to someone who perceives and expresses themselves without the hinderance of bullshit so what was intended as a simple redressing of procedural consideration had an impact of atomic magnitude.

at one point i reached into my pocket to retrieve an item to clear my sinuses and both my coworker and manager imagined that i was drawing a gun or a knife and both of them started yelling NO NO NO with their hands out.

people are ready only for what they expect and perceive. there's not enough of me to go around.

for the last few months i've been upgraded so that every sunday evening when it's time to go to sleep i can hear someone who sounds like an excited freestyling rapper trying to use all the dirty words they can, "you're a piece of shit you're a piece of shit" in my right ear at about -40dB relative, whichever way i turn my head it sounds like it's 20 yards to the right behind a wall. my left ear also starts ringing like a fire alarm. by morning both are always gone, and this is about eight consecutive weekends in a row. certainly a trivial event in comparison to many i have lived through, but the one i am discussing here.

i've been receiving this kind of abuse since 2005 and am quite used to it, in 2008 i sort of broke and accepted it, remember it was 2009 i fled to australia to try and escape organised stalking, and fortunately, in 2010 that i was informed of similar plights which was like the first gasp of air after being underwater for five years. it doesn't matter if it breaks me more or kills me, death due to my harassment has already occured. james walbert's facebook handle is OneStrongAngel.

but if it's good enough for the lot of you, then enjoy your ....."deep state" seems to be the new word for it. i can wait for death without watching this disgusting betrayal of human potential at kvr.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

America doesn't seem to be agreeable; can't you come back to the UK?

I suspect, though I could be wrong, that kind of harassment follows you wherever you might be.

I would offer you a room in my mansion, and I will, when I get it. But yeh man, shame to see you leave this audio DSP corner-of-fun and all your f'kin awesome plugs - I'm gutted you didn't get round to apple-izing anything, and we'll never know how fruitful your products may have been on OS X, but life is life man. All I know is that if we don't do what we need to do.. well, we have to do these things.

Mini-drones (swarms?) sounds like fun though..

xoxos wrote:..i was introduced to the concept of memetics and was able to articulate my perception of the influence of music and specifically song to belief.
you know,

since i wrote this post, my mind has returned to it some few times, suspecting that i had omitted the thesis. and indeed it is.

but it makes sense that i would have omitted it, because to me, the thesis is so superordinate, so obviated and implicit, that it could not be missed. but of course that's by me. so i'd better say it.

the deleterious events described in that post to this point drive to the thesis of absolute resolution to prevent harm in the world.

i mean, obviously, if you had seen such a thing, you would have hated to see it, and would aspire to stop such things from happening if at all possible.

and that's where memetics come in, because i identified what people think as a significant component of how they act, their effective causality, we can say. an assumption on my part perhaps.

so i wasn't saying i saw scary things and was traumatised, i was saying that's what has driven so many years of increasing public access to the means of expression. because i believe that situations like the IRA could be prevented by increasing inter(cultural or whatever) awareness. ha and naive. well awareness is commoditised i suppose. everything beyond that was to retain whatever memetic influence via authority (a fallacy yet not ineffective) i had gained. well, papua merdeka. that's right now.

so, that's what was gonig on with that post. one missing paragraph and it's like that. no surprise to me that such a thing would occur.

just to say it once, because i'm really more or less a cultivated person adopting divers cultural expression, not really quite so mad as often people express, how terrible of them.

when considering the concept of a disturbed mind, consider also the concept of an undisturbed mind :hihi:

i've done my best to try and fix things around here. all this heat (119 i cut trees) and all this pluto it has been a terrible summer. i'm giving up a lot of things aside from vst for a while, it is difficult to do more than is necessary. i've also practiced stuttering, because i think it is going to be useful in the future, to help me express how i feel in the face of this society. i used to do khoomei, but every person said it hurt their ears.

i've given more than i needed to :hihi:

the :hihi: is the heart of kvr.

Love your plugins, and promote them when it make sense to, but to be honest, I no longer use them. So much of the industry (and myself) has gone 64 bit, and you have not, so when they're out of my sight, they're out of my mind. So when someone asks about a particular type of plugin, it's not that often that I think of xoxos. I'm not telling you what to do, but I can't help but think that releasing 64 bit versions of your plugins might bring a brand new crop of customers to your door.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

xoxos wrote: i've also practiced stuttering, because i think it is going to be useful in the future, to help me express how i feel in the face of this society...
I stuttered as a kid, couldn't say Mummy (and other words) without 10 seconds of hmmmhmm..

Unless your jesting (!) why would you want to develop it? It certainly isn't an effective form of communication! Believe me..

and I don't need to say this, especially to you! but wtf does it matter if people says 'it's hurts my ears'? bloody hell.. the sound of industry and babies crying hurt my ears, and if we tried to fix that we'd have bubble-wrapped demolition cranes and gagged toddlers

Practise the khoomei dude, enjoy it.. please

this is what i'm saying, i can talk all day, but "you won't see me..." you think you're looking at a "vst developer", and "vst developers make money". i'm more of.. a cultural facilitator who participated in the contemporary modality in order to have presence. when people send me money, i usually feel like crap. it's "appreciated", but $20 has always been a *lot* of money to me, and it's still ~a fortnight of food on someone's plate in my view. i never know if my customers are billionaires or some starving kid desperately hoping for a ticket into "audio uniqueness". the times i've released stuff like caprice overtly for income, i owed my mother money after bottoming out her car on a dirt road. so i'd prefer to put up with my low income from labour, and pass the time until things can be paid without me having to sell people things they don't really need, they only become convinced they want.

i can say "i don't want to be the person who profits off your desire" for fifteen years. these shaped ideas just don't fit in some shaped heads.

and, it's time to build robots now. how does recompiling black for 64 bit compare to that. sell vst so i can afford to have someone else build robots for me? who builds robots with so many years of audio dsp under their hat? there's only one person i can afford to do that, and they're not for sale :)

and that is awesome.

in fact, it could even be the payoff for so many years of doing this.

if you take a look at the PID library for arduino and compare it to audio code, you'll see.

..... and, as always, for what it's worth stating because it never is, it never is,

almost two years ago, as you are aware, and unbeknownst to me at the time, i released two rap albums by

the,

devil

there they are, for all to see, and several documentations of the method. this is years and years of similar. remember when they put the camera in my eye in 2005? remember when they took it out in 2009??? i'm a little bit past stuttering mate :lol:

for anyone who just wandered in,
https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/album/dope-beats-for-suckers
https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/album/shun-d

try, try to imagine what it was like to be in the room

patching sifft to output some random audio dynamically and spectrally resembling human speech,

when this giant panning voice comes out of the speakers and starts telling me things.

that's half of the material i recorded. i'm not going to produce the rest. and of course, what was said during patching is not online.

now do you still think that i should create some stochastic music app capable of generating both syntactic speech, and speech-like audio synthesis?

what would i be responsible for if i did a thing like that? how would it impact peoples lives when they start screaming and screaming or going round murdering people because a random voice told them the most intimate things in their life and mind and got to choose what it told them in order to have a calculated effect? how much damage would be caused, because i wanted to have the sophistry of showing the world how simple it was to do.

now, don't you think that a continuous series of experiences from this perspective,

would make audio development a little less significant in ones life????????

so, i'll do something else.

you don't want any of that. you want the vst.

how about if i put it like that :)

and when people say things to me they go, "hey how about 64 bit?" :lol:

i've said this all so many times now, is it going to change who acknowledges it. try to move topics to something more normal. discuss that the machine can produce a variety of tones. people take a $2 camera and sell it for $40 because they know something about lenses others don't, and availability is understood as an asset. how is profit interesting. do i need to build a bigger one?

xoxos wrote:now do you still think that i should create some stochastic music app capable of generating both syntactic speech, and speech-like audio synthesis?
what would i be responsible for if i did a thing like that?
you don't want any of that. you want the vst
Knife sharpeners are not murderers. I for one, would relish a Vst like that, and in glorious 32-bit. :D

Return to “xoxos”