RELATED
PRODUCTS

Different midi notes to trigger different envelope scenes/presets

Option to link to host transport rather than midi input

A clear button

Option to show time in beats/bars

A stepped bar mode like in a bar graph

An indicator which follows the play position

This thing is great, it deserves a bit of sprucing up and a new winter coat.
miedex

did this subforum slip into the twilight zone?
miedex

miedex wrote:Different midi notes to trigger different envelope scenes/presets

Option to link to host transport rather than midi input

A clear button

Option to show time in beats/bars

A stepped bar mode like in a bar graph

An indicator which follows the play position

This thing is great, it deserves a bit of sprucing up and a new winter coat.
Hi miedex,

sorry for the lack of response. the plugin, you refer to, was actually never officially released. for those, who don't know what the hell we are talking about, it is this:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192277

it was something i did even before my company was founded. i don't know whether or not it will ever become an official product but generally, i agree that it might be interesting enough to continue the work on it. if i do this, i'll keep these things in mind. tempo-sync (beats/bars) is essential - but isn't this already possible? i might be wrong because i haven't launched this thing since long ago. as for the stepped mode - i think the stairstep envelope shape should do the job. a position indicator would be nice but technically somewhat complicated - dunno if it is worth it. we'll see. the linking to the host transport - hmm...well - the thing is, the envelope runs in a loop so i'm not sure where to anchor my time-zero point. when the host starts playback? that would not be a good idea because the pattern's "phase" would depend on where the cursor in the host was when playback was started. the beginning of the timeline in the host might be better but it would still lead to messed up "pattern-phases" when the user drags the clips along the time line. so i figured, manual midi-retriggering would be best, because the user can drag the triggers along with the clips so the pattern would always remain "in-phase" with the rest of the music. clear-button: i'd suggest to simply create a clear preset and load it whenever you need to start fresh. i think, a single button directly on the GUI is too easy to hit accidently. imagine you have laboriously created the perfect pattern and by a single accidental click it all goes poof. the different-notes-for-different-patterns thing is a good idea.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Return to “rs-met”