Engineers Filter MIDI learn....can I map to an Ableton macro?

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I've been happily using Engineers' Filter for mastering for a little while now as a static effect. However, I've gotten some cool sounds moving a 20n papoulis around and I'd like to be able to automate it in Ableton. Is it possible to link the frequency parameter to a macro in Ableton's Audio Effect Rack? Or is there perhaps another way to use the MIDI Learn ability to automate the frequency of the filter?

thanks!!

Matt

Bosque wrote:I've been happily using Engineers' Filter for mastering for a little while now as a static effect.
yes, that's the way how it is intended to use - as "set-and-forget" filter.
However, I've gotten some cool sounds moving a 20n papoulis around and I'd like to be able to automate it in Ableton.

i'm actually quite surprised that this doesn't result in intolerable crackle.
Is it possible to link the frequency parameter to a macro in Ableton's Audio Effect Rack? Or is there perhaps another way to use the MIDI Learn ability to automate the frequency of the filter?
well, this is outside my control - it would be question for Ableton. for midi-learn, you would need some way to route midi events into the effect. i'm not familiar enough with ableton live to know if/how this is possible.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:
Bosque wrote:I've been happily using Engineers' Filter for mastering for a little while now as a static effect.
yes, that's the way how it is intended to use - as "set-and-forget" filter.
However, I've gotten some cool sounds moving a 20n papoulis around and I'd like to be able to automate it in Ableton.

i'm actually quite surprised that this doesn't result in intolerable crackle.
Hi! First of all, thank you for this amazing plugin. As an engineer myself it's pretty cool to use such rather technical Filters in music applications.

However it would be sooo great, if there would be a way to automate things. In Reaper, none of the controls show up in the automation window and changing parameters by hand results in - as you called it - intolerable clicks.

I would really like to be able to do Filter-sweeps with High-Ripple Chebychev Filters, as i think it sounds kind of interesting and "fresh".

Is there a way to add such a feature?
Would even pay for it, as i couldn't find any alternative.

Thank you!

Return to “rs-met”