EasyQ request

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

can you make it so on the db range option, you can right click and choose "Enter Value", like maybe even decimal places. If there is some reason/lots of work to make it an arbitrary value let me know. I would just mess around with wet/dry in a VST host but I'm not sure if it works the same that way? (like 50% wet would ideally give you a 1.5 db range instead of 3db)

eh, if that's hard to implement, something else I'd love is when you click to create a new band, if it'd create the same kind of filter you last selected. Like if you want to keep adding shelving filters or a bunch of notches, you could just click and skip the step of moving over to the right side of the screen. Sounds dumb but this would literally save me like minutes, hours? of time

DJ Saint-Hubert wrote:can you make it so on the db range option, you can right click and choose "Enter Value", like maybe even decimal places. If there is some reason/lots of work to make it an arbitrary value let me know.
hmm - i think, it would be possible to have a range-slider instead of a menu. but, IMHO, is more convenient.
I would just mess around with wet/dry in a VST host but I'm not sure if it works the same that way? (like 50% wet would ideally give you a 1.5 db range instead of 3db)
with a linear-phase EQ and proper delay-compensation (i.e. some delay in the direct path) that approach would be workable. but with minimum-phase EQ (like EasyQ), it doesn't work that way.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

DJ Saint-Hubert wrote:eh, if that's hard to implement, something else I'd love is when you click to create a new band, if it'd create the same kind of filter you last selected. Like if you want to keep adding shelving filters or a bunch of notches, you could just click and skip the step of moving over to the right side of the screen. Sounds dumb but this would literally save me like minutes, hours? of time
IIRC, i considered that behaviour when writing EasyQ but decided against it, because i considered the scenario of adding multiple similar filter stages as unlikely. like, if you insert a highpass, you typically don't want to insert another highpass thereafter. with notches, it may be a different matter. hmm, well, not sure.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Some requests:

-One-click insert and little selectable area for band selection requires very precise mouse skills just to select a band, sometimes I just insert another band instead select one.

Ra: wider selection area for bands, add numbers and a separated roll for band selections, double-click to insert bands (leave one-click to multiple/area selections.. just another idea)

Rb: automation on parameters? (dynamically adjusts in the mix)

Rc: More aggressive Hi/lowpass filters :D

Rd: A low CPU usage spectrum analyzer (switch on and off)

Re: Bypass and solo per band in separated knobs.

yeah. I'm mad... hope you too. :D

better font (cleartype preferrably).

regards,

Return to “rs-met”