potential geist skin?

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been playing with the GEIST demo in my lunchtimes at work, and I've been having trouble noticing some of the toggles in the graphics, and I wanted the pad flashing to be a bit more obvious (like a LED lit pad rather than a pressed rubber pad)
Also the default is a bit bright for my eyes so i've been doing minor tweaks to the resources to make it easier for me to use (I kinda got carried away...)

its a bit more garish but I find it a bit more obvious to see whats been toggled.

if anyone is interested I could provide a zip of the resources. (Cant guarantee it'll work on anything higher than the demo 1.0.4.4 though. Might work on GEIST Lite/CM but havent tried yet)

Looks very cool!

I don't like the faded light gray background, but the rest is sweet. 8)

thanks!
I was tempted to try and change the whole white/blue LCD screen effect but it looks like it might be a bit more involved so settled for darkening it a bit for less glare ;)

If I did, I'd probably release 2 versions. one that just changed the 'hardware' side, and the other that does both the hardware and the LCD screens.

I think it looks amazing! It'd be cool if you shared it with us I think a lot of people would appreciate your effort.

How do you make Skins for Geist? I'd love to give it a shot as well.

I have had Geist for over a year,and I love it,but the skin you have adds something new. How far have you tested on it, I believe I have version 1. 1.1.2 . I would love to test it out !!

DELETED

gamecat666 wrote:I've been playing with the GEIST demo in my lunchtimes at work, and I've been having trouble noticing some of the toggles in the graphics, and I wanted the pad flashing to be a bit more obvious (like a LED lit pad rather than a pressed rubber pad)
Also the default is a bit bright for my eyes so i've been doing minor tweaks to the resources to make it easier for me to use (I kinda got carried away...)

its a bit more garish but I find it a bit more obvious to see whats been toggled.

if anyone is interested I could provide a zip of the resources.
Nice!!! I like your logic, and improvements 8)

Are you using a resource hacker? I'd like to begin to play with skins also.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

where is the skin to downlaod

I am still very insetrested, would you send a download link or a email?? I would love to test it out. Thanks....

Shogunshonuff wrote:I am still very insetrested, would you send a download link or a email??
+ 1 _ MP . I'm under Apple _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Looks great - if you would like to share I would love to check it out ...

oops, hi guys I havent been checking this subforum for a while and forgot about this.
I ended up buying Maschine so havent looked at geist for ages, im not even sure i have it installed.
I'll check my home pc for the demo but it got formatted recently so i might have lost it all. I'll have a look when i get home to see if i've zipped it up somewhere but I cant promise anything.. :o

gamecat666 wrote:oops, hi guys I havent been checking this subforum for a while and forgot about this.
I ended up buying Maschine so havent looked at geist for ages, im not even sure i have it installed.
I'll check my home pc for the demo but it got formatted recently so i might have lost it all. I'll have a look when i get home to see if i've zipped it up somewhere but I cant promise anything.. :o
8) ...(fingers crossed)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

"At your own risk" (you can always reinstall one of our updates over the top if things stop working; I'll probably also cop flak from the rest of the FXP gang, but I've always wanted to see what alt skins come about...), have a look in:

C:\Program Files\FXpansion\Geist\Resources.

Best to stay away from the skin files - they are human-readable XML control layouts, but they can be very sensitive to positioning changes (esp for dynamically sized controls) and spelling/syntax mistakes in general.

Make sure you don't resize images, and save them in the same format we put out.

Completely unsupported by us, do at your own risk etc etc etc... :)
SKoT McDonald
BFD | inMusic

This theme is so much easier on the eyes.. the darker, high contrast guis are the better imo.

Return to “FXpansion”