Geist midi learn pads on older Akai Mpd16 etc...Poise does this!

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On windows 7 the old MPD16 software does not work, so the only way it still works is over midi. Poise by One Small Clue has a midi learn pads function, so my MPD16 has all the same samples on the pads as per layout of Poise Drum Machine...

Recently during a sale I bought Geist, it also has a 16 pad layout same as Poise. One of the main reasons I bought it I should add.

However, Geist does not midi learn pads...

:x

The only option I have currently got is to either upgrade to an MPD32(seems it's compatible with this particular model) or use the keys, as my MPD16 is configured annoyingly wrong to Geist layout.

So far I am liking Geist and it's ability to sample external hardware and further manipulate it too, have a lot more to learn about it, but it's this one small(big to me) issue annoying me...

Geist should be configurable to ANY 16 pad drum controllers over midi. I know other brands have made the apart from Akai.

I leave FXpansion with this, if Poise can do it, one of the best budget drum machine on the VST market - why cannot Geist at the other end of the spectrum?

Please don't consider this a rant, but a :roll: Because I want to see this feature implemented...

Cheers... :wink:

Because of its multitimbral nature it can't use midi learn on pads. You want them mapped to specific note messages so all engines can be used without note overlap. I think you mentioned you did get another controller that works though. I would like to see more out of the box support for controllers though.

Had I not been working with midi for some time and my DAW, I would have regretted the purchase or forced to buy Maschine or MPD32.

Luckily I made my own and shared on fxpansion forum for those like me that were frustrated. It's an outstanding sounding and designed drum sampler. I'd hate to see people miss out because of something as little as not bothering to get hands on some controllers and make maps available to customers.

Just my two cents.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:Because of its multitimbral nature it can't use midi learn on pads. You want them mapped to specific note messages so all engines can be used without note overlap. I think you mentioned you did get another controller that works though. I would like to see more out of the box support for controllers though.

Had I not been working with midi for some time and my DAW, I would have regretted the purchase or forced to buy Maschine or MPD32.

Luckily I made my own and shared on fxpansion forum for those like me that were frustrated. It's an outstanding sounding and designed drum sampler. I'd hate to see people miss out because of something as little as not bothering to get hands on some controllers and make maps available to customers.

Just my two cents.
My answer to control Geist was buy this cheap, easy to set up 4x4 controller http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/s ... ler--90166

only £67 , hold shift/pad 4 and Voila - it's mapped to Geist!

Return to “FXpansion”