How do I..In Geist?

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've recently bought Geist. I'm hoping it's the Beat Sampler I've been looking for all this time..But I'm finding a few huge gaps in it's abilities, so I wanted to check I'm not missing something...

I can't top/tail sounds in the slicer windows.. Is that correct? I'm bringing in a Breakbeat and I really only wanna slice the 1st 4 bars, but because I can't chop down the sample in Geist I have to scroll around alot. Atm I'm running DSP Quattro alongside to do this, but it's not ideal.. I realise I can edit when the sound is assigned to a pad..but if I'm right this is a huge omission for me..

In Sampler.. I really can't bring in any of my existing sounds on the drive? It's just for recording/sampling/resampling?

What's with the non resizeable window? Can we at least have full screen mode for OSX?

Plz tell me I'm missing something folks... This program is so close to being the killer sampling workstation, but these strange omissions (imo) make it very awkward to use

Al.
Hey, hey.. it's a party.. I want to party too...... Please don't ask me about Mac's tonight.
www.grizzlymedia.co.uk

If you only want the material from the first 4 bars, you can just only take that material. Once the auto-slice has taken place (or you've manually sliced, if you prefer) you can just drag only the slices you want onto the pads.

If you choose to "extract" the audio then I think the slices from the beginning of the sample will take priority anyway so you will get the kicks, snares, hats and percussion slices from the front of the sample anyway.

I did just have a try myself and I couldn't work out how to "trim" the sample within the slicer so I can see your point, but slicing out the early parts of the sample is still quite simple.

Hiya... just like to say that I didn't buy Geist just because of this reason..the inability to quickly mark of the start and end point of a sample that you want to send for slicing is a bizarre oversight. I'd have bought it if it weren't for that!

Didn't know you could use DSP Quattro for beat slicing. Is it any good for this?

Return to “FXpansion”