Audio problem (Resolved)

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having a problem with the audio on BFDeco.

Every now and then, during playback of a groove using the stand-alone version of BFDeco, I'll get a hit on the kick or snare that sounds like two beats very closely spaced. Naturally, this is creating an unpleasant phase effect in the output. This is not a flam.

This is happening on the plugin too.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to change a setting?

EDIT - IT WAS THE ROOM AND OH MICS!
Last edited by Integratron on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Any particular kit piece or groove that seems to trigger it?
SKoT McDonald
BFD | inMusic

SKoT_FX wrote:Any particular kit piece or groove that seems to trigger it?
For example, the snare in "Merengue No Hats" (240) - the snare does not sound like one hit but perhaps as many as three withing the space of perhaps 1ms. This is especially audible on the 3rd hit of the snare.

It almost sounds like BFD eco is triggering two velocity layers, very closely spaced.

OK - I think I just figured this one out. If I pan the Bot/Top pot in the inspector to either extreme it disappears.

Sometimes the kick will do the same thing and produce a weird phase sound. I have the humanize minimized. Now I'm thinking it might be coming from the send from the kick to the room mics... that could definitely cause some phase issues!

What a brilliant piece of kit though! - no pun intended! From a control standpoint, eco seems to blow the doors off competing products.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Return to “FXpansion”