Logic Pro X - wrapper for 32-Bit plugins possible?

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dewdman42 wrote:check out my questions to plogue on this issue.
Cool, glad you're asking all the questions I am. I can answer one of yours, Mainstage can receive program change messages when in rewire mode, it only acts as a rewire host, not client, so if Plogue can host VST/AUs while rewired as a client to Mainstage then your issue is mostly solved. Mostly I'm thinking that for me Mainstage is going to be 64 bit only and not rewired into anything. Which means it will have limited use in my setup. What it really needs is some basic MIDI timeline based tricks.

no plogue doesn't solve my problem because I want all my scenes and setlists to be handled inside Mainstage. Program changes inside Mainstage. I don't want to have to touch anything else....

Plogue as a plugin can host both VST's and AU's, but it cannot host 32bit plugins of any kind inside 64bit host. With jbridge you can do that for VST's. For AU's there is no solution for this.

Dewdman42 wrote: Plogue as a plugin can host both VST's and AU's, but it cannot host 32bit plugins of any kind inside 64bit host. With jbridge you can do that for VST's. For AU's there is no solution for this.
Why not? You should be able to JBridge the Bidule/Meta plugin itself. Incidentally if you just want the plugin loading and nothing else Metaplugin is probably the better option. That's all it does.

right...run plogue bidule as a VST plugin and jbridge it. Plogue told me it might work but they wont support it and of course the demo does not include the plugin to try.

I tried to do that with the Metaplugin VST demo, but the first time I tried it, it didn't work. Haven't had a chance to try further.

Also one question I ahve about using Plogue as a jbridged VST that way is whether the real plugin I'm trying to use will have its various presets presented to me at the host level. Does it mean I would have to create an actual plogue preset of some kind for each underlying preset that I intend to use?

I don't have the Mac JBridge so I can't test either (or Logic X, yet).

Regarding presets - no it won't show the preset at the level of Logic, only at the level of the subhost. As I recall when I had Sonar back in the day when it needed wrapped VST's in some cases the wrapper did seem to support presets showing at host level but even then it was only for VST standard presets - the majority of plugins these days unfortunately no longer even support those standards.

Sorry there's no ideal solution it seems - then in an ideal world maybe Apple would have kept some backward compatibility going (although one could treat it as an opportunity to let go of old stuff - or use other hosts too)

Return to “FXpansion”