RMP2 "Pops" When Switching Presets

Official support for: krakliplugins.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone else get the loud popping noise when switching between presets?
Seems like I still get the loud sound even when I let the previous preset's sound die down.

It is a problem with the particular modules used in RMP2. You may have noticed the same behaviour in S3 upon which part of RMP2 is based.

Unfortunately I am not sure if I can remedy this as a mute on patch change option might have the effect of killing decaying sounds on those occasions when you do want to switch on the fly.

ianweb123 wrote:It is a problem with the particular modules used in RMP2. You may have noticed the same behaviour in S3 upon which part of RMP2 is based.

Unfortunately I am not sure if I can remedy this as a mute on patch change option might have the effect of killing decaying sounds on those occasions when you do want to switch on the fly.
Thanks for explanation and confirmation.
It's good to know that it's not my system that causes it.
Knowing that, I can better be prepared to compensate.

Just thinking about this....to add some (un)related info about popping between preset changes...

Some custom synths in Tassman pop extremely loud when preset changing. Actually, it's less of a 'pop' but more of a noise explosion. But this is mainly with extremely complex synths.

Perhaps complex modular instruments are cursed with this more than we realised.
(RMP2 being a modular synth creation, Tassman being a modular synth too).
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Return to “Krakli”