ARP bug?

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

if you open a project that had been saved with arp in it ,then arp wont function at all until you open its gui, and then all is fine.. a little annoying to have to do this tho each time and for each instance.. this happens with the latest version and the version before, in both Ableton live v6 and latest (i think) reaper.

Yes I think this one is in fact a synthedit bug to do with text storage not being pushed when a VST first opens(which I use to store the sequences). I've been trying to find a way around it without editing the actual SE patchmem module but I think it may be the only way. I'll email Jeff and ask him if he can look into it first though.

I'll try and get it sorted for the next release, in the meantime in problem hosts I'm afraid you will have to open the GUI briefly.

Andy

I like your plugin, congratulations. There is a big market for it, so if some corrections are made!

I'm having problems in Ableton Live 8.2.6, this occurs when you change parameters in Arp, the sound, and the plugin does not communicate with the instrument. :(

sorry my english.

Did you follow the guide in the manual with setting it up? It works with Live here, it just has to be set up as described in the manual screen grabs.

Andy

Yes, just like in the manual set up, besides the reported problem, the projects with the plugin can not be opened later. I use Ableton 8.2.6 original.

Do you get an error message reported when this happens?

If you contact me via the website, I'll look into it, some screen grabs would be helpful so that I can see what is going on, and a step by step for me to attempt to recreate the problems.

Just also worth a mention as it is the cause of most problems, if you are using W7 or Vista and your VST plugin directory is in the Program Files folder, you must either give the folder permission to write files, or move your VST plugin folder outside of program files to somewhere else on your hard drive, and then tell Live the new location. This is because of security settings in windows which by default block programs from writing files to the directory.

Andy

Ok, I'll try to make a video, or animation of the problem. I use Windows XP pack 3.

even more ...

See this, automated parameters like magic?

This has happened with other parameters as well.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/o ... directlink
Last edited by plauto on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'automated parameters like magic' can you elaborate? :)

It looks set up correctly, although the ARP isn't switched on so you would only get the through midi using omnichorder and scale remapper.

Which parameters is it that aren't working?

See animation, this is apparently another problem? :shock:

It isn't animating for me I'm afraid, it's just a static image.. :( I've tried in Firefox and chrome but no animation. Can you try and explain in steps what the problem is?

See if you can visualize now corrected link.

Ahhh I can see it now.

That definitely shouldn't be happening, very strange! The only reason I can think of is that some VST automation has been recorded (as all parameters support VST automation).

Does it happen in a fresh project before any recording has happened? I'm not very familiar with Live and how it records VST automation but you must be able to disable it for each plugin.

This happened in stop mode, there is no possibility of any automation with Ableton stopped. the thing is very strange that, other parameters that also occurs, seems to bug it. :cry:

Well it seems to be something specific to your setup as people are using it live. Perhaps there is some midi data coming in that is causing it? Could you try disabling midi in on the arp channel strip, and try selecting one channel at a time as opposed to all midi in, this may give a clue?

Although, midi data should not cause this behaviour, but beyond those 2 things I can't see what would cause it.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”