Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

como baila wrote:
Astralp wrote:
como baila wrote:Probably 'my bad,' as I thought about it later, but I crashed the program and Cubase when Vortex was cycling and I clicked on 'Flip.'

(Edit: Hmmm ... tried it again when the program wasn't running/ sequencing, and it happened again. Got a 'Visual C++' Run time error in Cubase using Beta 17.)

Como
Can't reproduce this, is there a particular situation that causes it?
I'll give it a go later today in a couple of other hosts first. After Cubase froze I thought I did reboot all the way ... but maybe not.

DF
I first loaded Vortex in Chainer ... which does not appear to be able to host the triggering sequencers? ... and the 'Flip' worked.

I fired up the Cubase project I'd been working on, and as soon as it was open, tried 'Flip,' and it worked. About 20 minutes into the project, with the transport stopped, I tried it again and crash!

Same issue, reporting a C++ run time error in Cubase. The crash was so nasty I couldn't even get Task Manager to work to kill Cubase ... Task Manager was frozen as well. I was able to still access 'Start' menu and so, shut down and rebooted.

This time up, something happened to the engine in Vortex. In my original project I could see the light triggering that it was receiving midi and the keys turn orange when receiving midi input ... but it didn't cycle/ run. Started a fresh project and got same result. Closed opened Cubase and opened Vortex in a fresh project with same result.

If you'd like me to send you the *.dll, let me know.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Oh hang on, the beta may have expired, I thought I'd changed it to the 21st but initially it was set to the 15th... Sorry about that!

Latest version will be released within the hour, I've just uploaded the sample installer so now just need to package Vortex :)

BETA 18 is Up!

Big changes in this one, you need to uninstall the Vortex sample via the uninstall link on the start menu. Download the new samples and install them.

Here's the changes:

* Trigger Buttons Reorganised, non Triggers moved to their own row.
* Squash to Scale Display Improved
* 'Back' changed to 'Skip' to encompass Back and Forward.
* Popup menu added to Squash to Scale for selecting a scale preset.
* Multi Display Scale Display Improved
* Popup menu added to Multi Display for selecting a scale preset.
* Set All problem fixed & Now copies all sequence data
* Hold disabled on on load.
* Stutter and Squash to Scale added to copy/paste
* Shift Up/Down activity reversed.
* Fixed Preset 0 pitch problem.
* Lights added to the CC Mixer Section.
* Added bands to demonstrate white/black notes on the sequencer display.
* Audio In is constantly running and so the TerraNova FX have to be constantly running when it is used, now setting the knob to zero will allow TerraNova to sleep when no audio is running. In other words keep audio in switched to zero except when you are using it.
* Improvements to Trigger Timing
* Master Synth Release Knob added to the Master section (CC 72)
* Master Filter Decay -+ Knob added to Master Section (CC 75)
* Retrigger now retriggers to the quantize tempo whilst it is held for a stutter based on the Q tempo.
* Drums now use MSB-1 and Instruments use MSB-0, select banks using LSB. The previous drum bank from LSB 4 is now on MSB-1 LSB-0.
* Now there are 12 banks x 128 drum kits (LSB 0) You must re-install the sample pack for this beta, the file structure has changed to be compatible with future possibilities.
- LSB 0-5 - Drum Kits
- LSB 6-8 - Random Assortments
- LSB 9-11 - Percussion Kits
* There are now 3 banks of instruments presets on MSB 0
- LSB 0 - Bank of Synth Sounds like Basses and Leads
- LSB 1 - Bank of Synth Sounds, most using samples
- LSB 2 - Bank of stab type sounds which are good for sequencing.

I'll be out this evening, so hopefully there won't be any major problems, but look forward to hearing some feedback/reporting :)

Sounding good Andy. I've been sorting a few things out but i'm ready to get back on the beta testing hoss! I take it you're already working on that ipad app? :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:Sounding good Andy. I've been sorting a few things out but i'm ready to get back on the beta testing hoss! I take it you're already working on that ipad app? :hihi:
Nah, he went straight to god ol' Symbian. :)

The new interface is looking great! I really appreciate the piano key grid lines and the new 'sqash to scale KB.'

Just used it for a minute (till later tonight). The only thing that caught my eye ... or, didn't really ... were the activity lights beside the C1 octave triggers at the bottom. The green color is a little hard to see, it doesn't jump out at you. I'd prefer a bright red similar to the trim color around those trigger tabs, but brighter or a bright orange. IMO activity lights should be as bright as possible to really jump out at you from the background ... as the yellow lights for the sequencing and those new ones on the 'squash to scale kb' do.

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Looks good :) The load button for the Squash to scale doesn't work for me.

MarkSA wrote:Looks good :) The load button for the Squash to scale doesn't work for me.
Working here FWIW ... which probably isn't much to your! :hihi:

On second thought, do you mean not loading onto the keys of the 'sqash2scale,' or do you mean that it's not affecting the sequenced notes?

Como

Every time I muck about with Vortex I think of a couple of other things I wish it could do.

Here's my first two for tonight.

1. Especially when working with drum kits, I wish using Control/ Option key or some such, I could click on the note in the grid and audition it. Sure you can wait till it cycles through, but it would be nice to be able to immediately audition any note in the grid.

Couple of questions here ... I know from looking at the txt file kit presets that the drum kits use what looks like two sets of 12 samples per kit. Sometimes I hear panning that seems like it's changing from hit to hit on the same note in the grid ... is this because the samples are alternating and they were each panned right and left in the samples themselves? Or?

2. The other thing I'd like would be to highlight/ select a subgroup of notes in the grid ... lasso or control/ option click or something ... and then be able to use the 'Shift' once they are selected to move them around, ideally with their tie, octave, etc. settings following them.

Bug?: 'Shift' behavior. First there seems to be a response delay that makes the notes overshoot where you try to place them ... as they run on a few steps up or down as you try to set them to a new position. They also seem to move quite fast once they start to respond to the mouse movement. Finally, once you click on 'Shift,' the movement continues in the same initial direction, regardles whether you later move the mouse in an opposite direction. You have to release and reclick to reverse the direction

Como

Como

Como,

Popup menu added to Squash to Scale for selecting a scale preset.

There is a load button next to it on the sequencer page. It doesn't seem to work, or I am missing something.

Mark ... DAW is shut down ... but I recall clicking the load icon opened the scale menu, clicking one of the choices set the squash kb to that scale, and then you hit the red square to the right of the kb to activate it. It all seemed to work for me.

Como

como baila wrote:Every time I muck about with Vortex I think of a couple of other things I wish it could do.

Here's my first two for tonight.

1. Especially when working with drum kits, I wish using Control/ Option key or some such, I could click on the note in the grid and audition it. Sure you can wait till it cycles through, but it would be nice to be able to immediately audition any note in the grid.

Couple of questions here ... I know from looking at the txt file kit presets that the drum kits use what looks like two sets of 12 samples per kit. Sometimes I hear panning that seems like it's changing from hit to hit on the same note in the grid ... is this because the samples are alternating and they were each panned right and left in the samples themselves? Or?

2. The other thing I'd like would be to highlight/ select a subgroup of notes in the grid ... lasso or control/ option click or something ... and then be able to use the 'Shift' once they are selected to move them around, ideally with their tie, octave, etc. settings following them.

Bug?: 'Shift' behavior. First there seems to be a response delay that makes the notes overshoot where you try to place them ... as they run on a few steps up or down as you try to set them to a new position. They also seem to move quite fast once they start to respond to the mouse movement. Finally, once you click on 'Shift,' the movement continues in the same initial direction, regardles whether you later move the mouse in an opposite direction. You have to release and reclick to reverse the direction

Como

Como
1. You could just shorten the sequence to a few steps and input some steps then go through the kits but yeeah some sort of preview would be good. :)

Panning is the spread (sic) in the synth section, got me as well.

2. I thought the same thing, can't remember if i asked Andy but +1 for selecting notes within a sequence. This would also be great for copying sections of the CC or velocity tracks. 8)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Not sure why it wouldn't work for you, it's working here. Do the ones on the Multi Sequencer work?
MarkSA wrote:Como,

Popup menu added to Squash to Scale for selecting a scale preset.

There is a load button next to it on the sequencer page. It doesn't seem to work, or I am missing something.

That would be good, but would require me to have an IPAD :(
musikmachine wrote:Sounding good Andy. I've been sorting a few things out but i'm ready to get back on the beta testing hoss! I take it you're already working on that ipad app? :hihi:

It's getting there now, I'm almost happy with it!

Changed to yellow :)
como baila wrote:The new interface is looking great! I really appreciate the piano key grid lines and the new 'sqash to scale KB.'

Just used it for a minute (till later tonight). The only thing that caught my eye ... or, didn't really ... were the activity lights beside the C1 octave triggers at the bottom. The green color is a little hard to see, it doesn't jump out at you. I'd prefer a bright red similar to the trim color around those trigger tabs, but brighter or a bright orange. IMO activity lights should be as bright as possible to really jump out at you from the background ... as the yellow lights for the sequencing and those new ones on the 'squash to scale kb' do.

Como

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”