Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I'm confused about this one, there is no difference between it and all other popup menus in Vortex. I'll try building and compiling a new project to see if that fixes it. Seems to be sporadic.
MarkSA wrote:I take back what I have said about the load button working for the squash to scale button in beta 22, it doesn't work for me. Tried it in two different hosts.

musikmachine wrote:Very nice Andy! I can see Vortex becoming a goto when i jusr want to mash some buttons and freak out! :band:

It's a lot of fun. Seems to behaving better now in FL so far which is great. I'll post back later when i've tested it s'more. :)
:) Glad to hear it!

Did you try it in Maschine yet?

Just doing some audio demos and updated the web page, it's closing in on release so I'll be sending a newsletter to the HGS list this weekend with the pre-release deal.

como baila wrote:Andy ...

Don't know if this is a bug or a feature?

Anyway ... you can't copy paste from one instance to another in Cubase ... or, at least I couldn't get it to work.

Bugs:

1 the Undo is not working.

2. output 4 is outputting in mono on the right channel.

Como

Andy,

I know I barraged you last night ... but did you miss this post? You didn't make any comment.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Well I'm confused about this one, there is no difference between it and all other popup menus in Vortex. I'll try building and compiling a new project to see if that fixes it. Seems to be sporadic.
So am I, was working before beta 22 :o

Sorry Como, yep I missed it.. Copy/Paste Well it's a bit of a tricky one that in terms of programming, it's not really a good idea to share data the way necessary, especially because hosts can destroy the GUI at any time, I imagine it would be a minefield for access violation errors. I'll have a play at some point though to see if it will work. There will be the import/export at some point to achieve the same thing though, albeit with a bit more effort.

Oh I'll check out the output 4 issue, thanks for pointing it out again!

MarkSA wrote:
So am I, was working before beta 22 :o
It is indeed strange!

Web page is now almost there, have to do a video and sort out the demo download version yet, any feedback welcome :)

Vortex Page

Let us know when it's up.

I'm subscribed to this thread ... in case you hadn't figured that out ... so announce and they shall come.

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

como baila wrote:Let us know when it's up.

I'm subscribed to this thread ... in case you hadn't figured that out ... so announce and they shall come.

Como
really? I didn't notice :)

It's up now see the above link. I hope so, I can't imagine anyone not wanting it, although I do have a strong bias :)

There's a very suspicious lack of crashes with this release!

Andy ... I'm really tired, so I only took a quick look.

I'm a bit of a pedant, but I felt some of the ways you describe Vortex, i.e., 'external midi device,' are slightly misleading and don't really do it justice.

For an example, instead of "external midi device," I'd say, "Vortex is a 'break through' VSTi Multitimbral Sequencer, equally adept as performance player or studio composer. It contains dedicated synths for each of its 12 sequencers ... or, if you prefer, you can output any sequencer's generated midi to your software or hardware instrument of choice ... all internal synths, all midi output to your synth or any combination of the two on a sequencer by sequencer basis ... it's up to you!"

If you like where I'm going, let me know and maybe Sunday or early next week I can take a careful look and draft some copy for you.

Como

Astralp wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Very nice Andy! I can see Vortex becoming a goto when i jusr want to mash some buttons and freak out! :band:

It's a lot of fun. Seems to behaving better now in FL so far which is great. I'll post back later when i've tested it s'more. :)
:) Glad to hear it!

Did you try it in Maschine yet?

Just doing some audio demos and updated the web page, it's closing in on release so I'll be sending a newsletter to the HGS list this weekend with the pre-release deal.
Better in Maschine so far but i've found a bug. The triggers remained latched when activated via laptop keyboard in Cantabile or piano roll in Maschine unless i click on hold twice.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Como it's brilliant :)

TJ - Fixed in the next release, it's the same note on with zero velocity instead of a note off, I missed it out fixing it on the triggers. Thanks!

When you say better in Maschine was there any issues?

None so far, seems solid but only tested on my laptop. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

That's great news, the CPU overload problem you had was due to the thread problem fixed last week so it shouldn't happen again but let me know if it does :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”