Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lol, I'll have a play with it, listening to the demos it does sound pretty good and it isn't expensive, thanks :)

//// RC 3
* Added Studio One v2 install Info to the manual thanks Janusz!
* Added a button to the mixer MSB/LSB which sets up a series of MSB/LSBs to give a fixed range of instruments/sampled instruments and Kits. It also switches all pitch related settings off for the drum based sequencers.
* Basic type names added for the instruments.
* Squash to Scales are now switched off when global default is pressed.
* Right Mouse Click on empty step adds a note, Right clicking on an active step disbales it.
* Mouse Wheel now moves note up and down on the active step.
* Holding CTRL whilst using the mouse wheel moves all notes that are the same as the mouse over step. Holding SHIFT is the same as CTRL except it will gather any other notes as you move them up and down.
* Adding a note no longer requires a double click, if the step is currently disabled a note will be added and the step enabled.
* Hold ALT whilst scrolling to affect the velocity in Seq Mode, normal scroll operation on the VEL, CC1 & CC2 Screens. Additionally you can hold CTRL to decrease the resolution of the Scroll Amount.

haven't updated the manual yet though!

Hi Andy,

RC3 crashes Studio One, when closing Song project with included Vortex path (It occurs with any preset, stopped seq and Vortex not connected to other VSTs as Midi source). Luckily crashes occur only during closing Song project or Studio One with opened project, so I can edit songs without problems. When I back to RC1/RC2 (full re-installation), issue doesn't occur. Unfortunately, I haven't too much free time for tests, because Easter cleaning and preparation (my wife :D). Please, review latest changes in code.

Best regards,
Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Astralp wrote://// RC 3

* Mouse Wheel now moves note up and down on the active step.
What's the 'active step?' When I hover the mouse and turn the wheel, nothing happens. When I click, the note disappears.

Is this click and hold and then scroll?

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

//// RC 4
* Scroll should work in all hosts which pass on the scroll message
* Fixed shutdown crash
* Right Click Mouse button changed: note added/changed to teh clicked square, if an existing note is clicked it is removed.
* Fixed a bug where midi enable 1 would have to be off for external midi to work correctly.
* Note Preview now takes global transpose into account.

Try this one :)

Hi Andy,
* Fixed shutdown crash
Yes, in RC4 fixed this issue (at least in Studio One). Thanks!

Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM

It's weird when it is so quiet around here!

Anyway, I'm still trying to get 'Audition' straight in my head.

You've probably answered this before, but one more time then, please.

If I audition in the grid and the sequence is untransposed, then the lowest note (bottom white grid line) is C2, the middle C3 and the top C4, correct?

If I trigger from the C2 octave, again with the sequence untransposed, the grid is lowered/ transposed down one octave, so now the bottom white grid line is C1, the middle C2 and the top C3, correct?

If I trigger from C3 octave, the grid plays untransposed, that is the lowest white grid line is C2, the middle C3 and the top C4, exactly as when I audition in an untransposed sequence, correct?

Finally, if I trigger from the C4 octave, the grid is raised/ transpose up one octave, and so forth an additional octave for each higher octave I trigger from, correct?

I hope I have this figured out. It baffled me when I was hearing a kick in the sequence triggered on the C2 octave, but when I auditioned that same note, I heard a tom when using the GM Percussion sound set.

I guess for proper auditing I need to transpose the sequence down an octave and trigger from the C3 octave so I can audition and hear the same notes I am also triggering with the sequencer.

[Edit] That doesn't work either! When I leave the sequencer transpose at '0,' the lowest note I can audition on the bottom grid line is C2, which in GM percussion is a Tom. When I transpose the sequencer down an octave, i.e., '-12,' C1, the kick, now plays on the middle white grid and the bottom white grid is silent (since GM has no regular sound at C0.)

Something seems wrong, Andy. It's as though lowering the sequener an octave lowered the grid two octaves.

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

I note that when a second instance of Vortex is loaded (in Cubase 6.5 32 bit) the control keyboard no longer registers the note on information, i.e., changes color or holds color if pitch hold or hold are engaged.

Como

Ok this is weird, where's Andy? :?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:Ok this is weird, where's Andy? :?
Agreed ... just as it seemed v1.0 was imminent.

I PM'd him about 10 days ago. He got back and said he was fine but had to go earn some cash as he'd spent so much of his time and savings developing Vortex.

But, I do hope he's alright.

Como

como baila wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Ok this is weird, where's Andy? :?
Agreed ... just as it seemed v1.0 was imminent.

I PM'd him about 10 days ago. He got back and said he was fine but had to go earn some cash as he'd spent so much of his time and savings developing Vortex.

But, I do hope he's alright.

Como
Thanks for info. I'm also worried about Andy.

Janusz

Sorry everyone, nothing to worry about! I just can't rely on HGS for my income, development of Vortex took much longer than expected because I added the internal sound engine and lots of other stuff. As a result I've had to clear some debt over the last few weeks to catch up. I will be launching Vortex soon, but that alone requires a chunk of solid time. The work I tend to do outside of HGS tends to be physically demanding which means I have to drop back to a support only role. I will then resume developing at my usual extreme rate to get to v1.1 in the next chunk of dev time. I've had to run HGS like this for the last few years especially in this economic climate, making money is tougher than ever. My passion for creating interesting software is what drives me onwards though :)

I've just got back from another Scotland trip, but it's looking like this week is clear to get all the PR done for the Vortex launch hopefully.

I'll try and get to looking at the preview code over the weekend Como, does sound wrong although last time I looked at it seemed to work correctly for me. Are you using the Pitch Scales? That would alter the output I think (I'll have to check).

On another note, I've now updated to windows 7 64-bit and I'm in the process of moving across, although it looks as though I'll have to get a new sound card as my 1820m has a tendency to blue screen occasionally and the latency is terrible.. BUt at least now I can test in the 64-bit environment in case it is necessary.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm glad you are well and haven't given up. Maybe it is a good thing to do something else for awhile and come back to what keeps us going. :)

Great to hear from you, Andy!

Take care of yourself first ... but just keep saying 'Hi!' once in a while so we'll know you are OK!

Best to you.

Como

I'm back on the case now, been working on an update all day today, should be released tomorrow :)

Mark, yes it has done me good to have a break, it's been an intense year of programming for the most part, nice to use some muscles too!

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”