Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ezelkow,

I'll add it to the list right next to midi export :)

Astralp wrote:Hi Scott,

Well I've refrained from sending a mail out yet until the main bugs are squashed, so it's a bit low key at the moment :)
Sounds great. I just spent about 10 minutes letting Vortex have its way with Zebra, running through the presets in Vortex.. :-o Nice work Andy! This will go on my "must buy" list for 2012 :D

Great :) It's a beast!

Hello
I've just tried (and bought) Vortex a couple of hours this afternoon and I've been impressed. I've for sure not seen yet all the possibilities, and probably miss some things, but perheaps 2 or 3 simple improvements could be helpfull.
First I agree a midi export/import (or at least export) could be really nice. Is it possible too to:
- be able to export a config file, saving the configuration of Vortex, in order to be able to load it later?
- be able to add a word in front of each line of the sequencer in order to know, when we add a note, what kind of note it is ? (for exemple, I would like to add : Tom 1, snare etc.....).

Thanks for this excellent tool ....

yomanfree wrote:Hello
- be able to export a config file, saving the configuration of Vortex, in order to be able to load it later?
- be able to add a word in front of each line of the sequencer in order to know, when we add a note, what kind of note it is ? (for exemple, I would like to add : Tom 1, snare etc.....).
All settings are saved as a VST Preset so you can just save the *fxp if you need to and reload it later. All settings are saved in your project and restored when you reload it :)

The second one is tricky because Vortex can't know what it is you are targeting, plus all midi devices layout drums differently, so it can't be assumed that it is GM. I'll have a think about it, perhaps the best bet would be some form of user definable colour coding?

In regard to midi export don't forget you can record the midi output to a track seeing as it's midi :)

Glad you like it so far!

Ah yes that's an idea for the midi.
For the text in front of lines, just let the user to add it by himself and ... allow him to save the config ;-) ? Then just doing the work 1 time, the user will be able to load the accurate config file depending on the configuration (and instrument used)?

Astralp wrote:
yomanfree wrote:Hello
All settings are saved as a VST Preset so you can just save the *fxp if you need to and reload it later. All settings are saved in your project and restored when you reload it :)

The second one is tricky because Vortex can't know what it is you are targeting, plus all midi devices layout drums differently, so it can't be assumed that it is GM. I'll have a think about it, perhaps the best bet would be some form of user definable colour coding?

In regard to midi export don't forget you can record the midi output to a track seeing as it's midi :)

Glad you like it so far!

Ok, it's on my list, but be warned it's a long one.. :)

No problem that's really nice to have :-)
Just seeing another point (after that I promise, I will go to bed, night in France): I m not able to have in the same grid 2 notes at the same time (same column). I've missed something ?

Thanks

Astralp wrote:Ok, it's on my list, but be warned it's a long one.. :)

Polyphonic Sequencing is coming in a later version, at the moment they are 12 x mono step sequencers.

Thanks for your fast answers. This point is really important from my opinion, more than any other. Using several mono step seq is by far more painfull than just one polyphonic.
To be honest, on my side, as long as I will not have this feature, I'm afraid I will not use it too much :-( (despite of the fact of your VST is quite well built).

Astralp wrote:Polyphonic Sequencing is coming in a later version, at the moment they are 12 x mono step sequencers.

It will happen once v1.0 is stabilized, right now I have to concentrate on getting it all robust, there is much work still to do especially on the sound side of things.

Firstly, let me say awesome plugin! A great way to control multitimbral plugins.

However there are glitches present, either with me or the plugin; not sure which. :hihi:

Still getting weird timing in FL but i like the randomness of it. Can have as a feature? :D

I'm trying to create a template with the Maschine controller but it's not triggering the triggers in Vortex. Also i'm setting the pads to channel 16 but they are changing the pattern and not repitching.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Glad you like it :)

Can you explain what's going on with the timing a bit more, it's rock solid for me in FL..

Not sure why the triggers wouldn't work either, just verified they are working here. High value must be greater than 63, and channel 16 can't be used for triggers as it's reserved for re-pitching. Re-pitching is working here so I'm a bit confused about that too.. Does your controller send out Note Off messages or Note On messages with zero velocity, I may not have accounted for that. Can't think of any other reason.

I was working on the graphics all day yesterday, just a bit more to do and I'll release a new version

I agree that midi export would be really helpful (and appreciated!) as a feature. It would make it so much easier to use, then setting up everything manually for recording midi to a track through a host.

And besides, it would be a feature that could find its way into ARP (must have!) and perhaps even Black Magic too :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Pads are set to channel 16 but the buttons are set to 1. I think it's the maschine controller cause it's doing it with Arp as well, not sure why cause the pads set to 16 and Arp and Vortex are set to receive on channel 1. I still can't trigger the triggers but i'll try with my midi controller. I think i need another host for midi, always having these issues with FL but the port config can get a bit confusing sometimes. :oops:

Working better in Cantabile but there does seem to be a bug with the sequencer. I tried the trigger button i had assigned which caused the sequence playing to play like it was latched an octave higher, the sequence became stuck and panic didn't stop the sequence so i disabled the audio engine but it continued to play. I tried changing various settings in Vortex but they became ineffective, changing the tempo caused the tempo to speed up and it's currently playing about 300bpm. Gabba! :band:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”