Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes it's working, probably the Master Volume at the top is switched to zero as I didn't go through the presets and update them all yet, try the preset called synth Test1 :)

Astralp wrote:Yes it's working, probably the Master Volume at the top is switched to zero as I didn't go through the presets and update them all yet, try the preset called synth Test1 :)
Yup that did it :D

smashing :)

Being playing around with the beta. Worth seeing what the finished version can do. :) Now polyphonic instrumentation implemented, now that would be something.

Nice job on Arp 1.7 too. :)

Thanks :) In terms of polyphony I'm thinking of having more mono sequences that can play simultaneously instead of true polyphony, that way they could also be used to chain together to make longer sequences as well. I think this will be a better option an more versatile :)

Arp will get some more treatment once I have this one released, at the very least the triggers need to go in there!

Don't think I explained that well, it will be polyphonic but with the ability to have longer sequences by chaining them instead.

Astralp wrote:Here is the next beta, just graphic changes in this one on the main sequencer display, it's much more efficient now, prettier and eventually skinnable :)
Indeed UI in beta 3 is much better.

Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Hey Andy, Just found out about it now, definitely I will test drive later. It looks :love:

Hi Alex, haven't announced it properly yet, still *lots* of work to do but it's getting there, almost have the FX engine completed now :)

Astralp wrote:Thanks Janusz, might be a little while before I get around to adding it, it'll be on the next big manual update when all the new features are complete.

I can't think of any reason why an AMD chip would cause problems, there is SSE used in the synth engine but AMD chips can handle that.

Did you try the no GUI version above to see if it solved the scanning issue in Cantabile? That one has me worried, it could be an issue with the graphics stuff I've just added, so before I doing any more in other areas it would be good to know it isn't causing issues.

To lengthen the step choose the tie extend modes, using that you can increase the length by adding another tie step as long as the original note is tied and it doesn't hit another note first :)

Keep in mind if you can notice a sequence of events that leads to the stuck sequence, that would be greatly helpful :)

Good news on the align tick length solution, I just checked in my version and it's disabled so that explains that one, I wonder if it is disabled or enabled by default..

I'm just adding the FX engine and coding something for the routing, I figured I would try 4 selectable output pairs, and number one goes through the FX. That way it gives 3 possible busses for processing externally.
I'll check it today, Cantabile can be buggy sometimes, or more prone to crash than other hosts. It's working fine on my laptop though that's why i thought maybe an amd issue.

I was using the tie mode but the none tied notes had a really short gate, guess i should rtfm before posting. :oops:

I'll see if i can recreate the stuck note, the second time was cause by me triggering the trigger i'd mapped which latched the sequence as mentioned before and i couldn't stop it, changing the various parameters in Vortex had bno effect but changing the tempo diviion caused it to speed up.

I'll test the non gui version and post back in a bit. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Astralp wrote:No GUI Test for TJ

Can you try this one, I've removed the GUI code to see if that is the cause of the crash in cantabile and not working in FL. Ta!

Looking at the log, there are no messages on channel 16, I'll set up a debug at the actual input. For the triggers it should be a momentary button type: OFF state zero, ON state 127. I can see a stream in the log incrementing as though it's a knob, but I guess that is when you tried with automation?
I think all the messing around with midi ports in FL caused the ports to get messed up. It's working fine in Cantabile today. repitch is working as expected and the triggers are working! :D

Some of the trigger behaviour is weird though, triggering forward caused the sequence to gate and the sequencer lights stopped working again. Audio continued to play gated on various sequences and i recreated the stuck sequencer bug by hitting a pad on the maschine controller. Tried enabling and disabling the various controls and chanlle 16 hold caused the octave latch again.

Reloaded Vortex and was working well initially until i triggered the quantize tempo knob, caused the sequence the play an octave higher and remain stuck. Clicked on the keyboard to try and disable it and Cantabile crashed. :phew:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I've been playing around in cantabile too. Vortex has crashed it a number of times. Though cantabile is useful, badly needs work. Mainly for bank loading.

I haven't been able to get my head around what the synth section does or what the buttons do.

I may have an issue with deleting notes. It is either to slow or doesn't work sometimes. May be Cantabile? I will try this in a different host.

I have used Vortex with Z3TA+ :D

BETA 4 - Now includes TerraNova FX engine :)

OH, well good and bad! I'll have a go at fathoming out the stuck note phenomenon tomorrow although it hasn't happened to me for a while, I know for sure that switching on multi mode whilst notes are held (or vice versa) will cause problems because I haven't implemented a retrigger for it yet, may get around to that tomorrow. What was the pad on maschine doing, a trigger?

The FX are in now and seem to be working well, I'm amazed how good the CPU performance is considering there is 12 Ammonites in there, my system is handling it easily and it's an old core2.

I've also found some graphic bugs which were causing unnecessary redraws, so hopefully that is the end to all glitching issues, seems good here.

I've altered the GUI again, but it's still a work in progress, but I think it's going in the right direction, looking cleaner anyway.

The synth section now has a GUI and TerraNova has a first attempt.

The Routing is in place now, so from the synth section, you can select FX which is the main out, or choose from another 3 stereo outputs for post processing in the DAW. These are Raw Channels and bypass everything including the Master Volume. Let me know if there are any issues with it :)

Tomorrow i will do some more presets for the synths too.

Mark,

I think the crash was caused by the undo system, I've disabled that part of it for the moment until I get a chance to go through it, the crash happened when double clicking on the sequence.

Beta 4 now has a GUI for the synth section, there is only Polyphonic/Mono, Fine Tune and Retrigger (for Mono Mode). The synth is pretending to be an external multi-timbral box, so you choose sounds like you would for any other midi device using the program change section in the mixer, MSB 0 and use LSB to select the various banks 0 = bass/leads, 1 = pads, 3 = blips, and 4 = FX. There aren't many presets yet, about 100 I think so you need to stick to the low numbers to get the available sounds. I'll try and get a bank completed tomorrow :)

Oh and you can use CCs 74/71 for cutoff/Resonance, 72 is release time. I'll try and remember to list all the CCs tomorrow. You can use them via the CC Sequencers or via the assignable knobs on the mixer.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”