Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please let me know if I missed anything!

I am unable to install the latest beta. Says can't find Vortex Vsti. I already have the previous beta installed.

Pointed it to the correct folder/s still no luck. Click on Vortex uninstall on menu and wants to uninstall the samples??

Oh right! Let me check it out now, you don't have to uninstall the samples that's a separate installer.

BETA 22

IMPORTANT! Please manually delete the Vortex folder in your plugin directory, don't use the uninstaller.

I can't use this installer package for the plugin, I've realised it's not designed for installing into a shared folder such as a VSTPlugin directory as it doesn't allow creating folders. hmmm will have to go back to rar for now I think and find another solution. It's a shame as it works great otherwise.

New beta installed and running thanks :)

Load button on squash to scale still works for me. No crashes on the shift button from me as yet.

Great! Almost sorted out the installer so it will always use a 'HGSounds' folder when the vstplugin directory is selected.

Astralp wrote:Como, can you send open a new project in cubase, click on the load scale button and then send me the log file from C:/debug2.txt or paste the contents on here. Preferably I need the log when it hasn't worked previously. I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work!

I've finished all the loading threads now and should be much better, I think it will solve quite a few problems people have been having, including loading multiple instances. I'm going to try and recreate the shift crash and see if I can spot any potential issues in the GUI now.
Andy,

Of course, happy to help as I can.

However, after firing up my DAW, I went to look in my C: root ... and there is no debug2.txt. Perhaps this is a file that only stays during a session and then is erased upon shutting down the computer?

Anyway, I'm going to do as you asked and I'll send you the debug2 if it is there.

Como

Thanks for your thoughtfulness in responding to all my feature requests in your typical well-reasoned fashion.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Andy ...

I did a search for debug2.txt after I loaded Cubase, opened a fresh project, loaded Vortex and saw the 'load' didn't work.

I found the debug2.txt in C:\Users\MyUserAccount*/AppData/Local/VirtualStore ... a redirect used by windows ... but it was blank, as were all the other HG text files, i.e., debug1 and debug3, except for HGSounds_Introjector.txt, which contained a path.

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Andy ...

Thought you'd like to know, 'Load' is working and I've loaded two instances!

Pretty addictive triggering 2 different presets at the same time.

Why do I think when I try these presets that you've been spending a lot of time playing with Vortex?

Como

Astralp wrote:I did think about multi-outputs for each channel but the problem is that the plugin is then stuck with them for every instance which for most people, especially when just using midi or multiple instances could be annoying. I decided on 4 stereo outs as a compromise. At some point I'm sure there will be a direct out version though.

Understood ... except why multiple instances would be an issue? In Cubase, each instance has its own identity in the mixer. Also, instruments load by default to a single stereo out ... then you can selectively click in the VSTi rack to add all channels or select ones you want to be activated ... and then in the instruments routing to assign the voice which ever output channel you desire.

Astralp wrote:
The synth sounds really good Andy, but there is still one strong reason to use midi instead ... ability to change the velocity level of the sequence over time.
I have been thinking about this actually and wondering whether the actual midi incoming velocity should form a percentage for the step values. <snip> I'll add it to the list anyhow :)
The percentage would be a great way to go, affecting the relative velocity as set by the velocity sliders. :)

Como

Andy ...

Don't know if this is a bug or a feature?

Anyway ... you can't copy paste from one instance to another in Cubase ... or, at least I couldn't get it to work.

Bugs:

1 the Undo is not working.

2. output 4 is outputting in mono on the right channel.

Como

Thought you'd like to know, 'Load' is working and I've loaded two instances! Pretty addictive triggering 2 different presets at the same time.
Fantastic! It was all to do with the loader threads, I was intending to optimize that part of the code later until I realised it was the source of a few unpredictable issues, it should be solid now :)

I haven't actually played with multiple instances yet beyond basic tests.
Why do I think when I try these presets that you've been spending a lot of time playing with Vortex?
haha, yep the presets were a huge chunk of time I hadn't accounted for!

Understood ... except why multiple instances would be an issue? In Cubase, each instance has its own identity in the mixer. Also, instruments load by default to a single stereo out ... then you can selectively click in the VSTi rack to add all channels or select ones you want to be activated ... and then in the instruments routing to assign the voice which ever output channel you desire.
All hosts handle outputs differently though, some your mixer will be stuck with them all for every instance. Plus it would add a lot more processing to achieve it without a significant amount of work to achieve. The other thing is that there is no limiter/master on these other outputs which I've been debating whether I should add them. It all adds cpu/load time overhead though..

The percentage would be a great way to go, affecting the relative velocity as set by the velocity sliders. :)
Ok added this to the short term list.

Very nice Andy! I can see Vortex becoming a goto when i jusr want to mash some buttons and freak out! :band:

It's a lot of fun. Seems to behaving better now in FL so far which is great. I'll post back later when i've tested it s'more. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I take back what I have said about the load button working for the squash to scale button in beta 22, it doesn't work for me. Tried it in two different hosts.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”