Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BETA 24
* Fixed Double and Quad crash
* Attempted to fix sporadic load problem (again) and re-introduced debugging. If you don't get the popup load menu send me the txt file created at c:\debug2.txt
* Added 12 -+ knobs to the synth section for subtracting/adding from the preset settings for the following:
- VCA Attack (CC 73)
- VCA Decay (CC 78 )
- VCA Sustain (CC 76)
- Filter Attack (CC 77)
- Filter Sustain (CC 79)
- Oscillator Mix (different functions depeding on the preset) (CC 82)
- FM Level (Different functions depending on the preset). (CC 83)
- LFO Amount (CC 84)
- LFO Decay (CC 95)
- LFO Sustain (CC 96)
- LFO Speed (CC 90)
- Noise Level (CC 81)
* Added Drive and 4 drive amounts (type 4 is my favourite!) (Drive Amount CC 63)
* Drive Enable CC 62
* Bass Level assigned to CC 61
* Release limited to a sensible max to save polyphony
* Now uses an installer again

NOTE - The Installer is now located on your downloads page along with the sample installer.

All the new -+ knobs are a lot of fun! You can really add a lot of motion/transformation to a mix now :)

As mentioned, added debugging to the squash Load menu, if you experience this problem send me the c:\debug2.txt (Note, only send if you have not had it load at all in a session otherwise it will be pointless info, thanks).

TJ - No I was referring to pressing All Notes Off without a plugin loaded, it hangs on my system, and the button stays red.

I can't replicate the multi problem it's working as expected here, am I missing a step? All notes off has no effect within Vortex, you have to use the panic button in the master section.

Andy,

The installer works fine.

I haven't tried this on my Daw machine as yet.

The Squash button loads okay now.

I have tried the direct outs and they work well. :)

Haven't tried the Synth modifers as yet.

MarkSA wrote:Andy,

The installer works fine.

I haven't tried this on my Daw machine as yet.

The Squash button loads okay now.

I have tried the direct outs and they work well. :)

Haven't tried the Synth modifers as yet.
Oh good, hope it stays that way!

Well if it doesn't work on your DAW we'll find out why, but you would need sp3 installing just to rule out out of date libraries.

Modifiers are great! I started with 8 and after playing with them thought I might as well add all the useful ones. It's great how you can transform the sound over time organically. I'd still like some way of changing pitch in single mode that is as accessible as the triggers. Perhaps I should make Octave 4 an optional octave of programmable pitch triggers. What do you think?

Perhaps I should make Octave 4 an optional octave of programmable pitch triggers. What do you think?
Sounds like a great idea :)

Vortex doesn't work to well on my DAW. Only loads in N tack studio, but doesn't load the samples. Any other host just crashes.

I have had a look at my two machines and none of them have SP3 installed. The DAW doesn't have any Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed. It may be a clue. I will investigate that first before going down the SP3 path.

I suppose there is some chance that dot net is needed too, I don't ever use any dot net stuff but I suppose there is a chance that the MS Compiler might when compiling my code.

Mark did you install the samples?

I've just fixed a bug in the next release which prevents a crash when a sample isn't found which could explain your crashes. This could be the issue. When Vortex loads it looks in the registry for the installed sample path.

I'll put a check in the next version to display an error message if the samples aren't found.

BETA 25

* Fixed a bug which caused a crash when a sample was not found.
* Alert Box will now show to say samples/instruments can't be found.

Give this one a go Mark, see if it says anything.

MarkSA wrote:The Squash button loads okay now.
On my machine too :)

Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Mark did you install the samples?

I've just fixed a bug in the next release which prevents a crash when a sample isn't found which could explain your crashes. This could be the issue. When Vortex loads it looks in the registry for the installed sample path.

I'll put a check in the next version to display an error message if the samples aren't found.
Andy yes I have on the DAW. So far not much luck running Vortex on it. Only sort of works on one Host, but loads no samples.

I will try the next beta and see what happens.

Andy ... I need to do some catch up ... I'm clear back on beta 22.

Somehow KVR canceled my subscription to the thread ... haven't been getting any e-mail notifications.

Wow! Just read through the last two pages of this thread. You've been busy! I can't wait to try this out tomorrow!

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Yep, I couldn't resist adding some more features :)

Today I'm going to add an optional octave of re-pitch triggers which can be set to any amount, haven't figured out where to put them yet though!

Astralp wrote:TJ - No I was referring to pressing All Notes Off without a plugin loaded, it hangs on my system, and the button stays red.

I can't replicate the multi problem it's working as expected here, am I missing a step? All notes off has no effect within Vortex, you have to use the panic button in the master section.
No never had any issues in Cantabile. It's the only way i can stop Vortex when the sequences get stuck in multi which is still happening as soon as i enable it.

Also the triggers remain latched when i trigger them via the laptop keys. Btw what is panic supposed to do cause it doesn't seem to have any effect when things do get stuck. I could well be cantabile cause i'm not having these issues in other hosts but let me know if there's anything you want me to send you. :)

Liking the macros, i wondered what you were gonna with all the space. :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:
Astralp wrote:TJ - No I was referring to pressing All Notes Off without a plugin loaded, it hangs on my system, and the button stays red.
Pressing the All Notes Off causes a freeze for me without any plugins loaded..

I think I've found the problem you are having, again it's to do with the NOTE ON with zero velocity instead of a proper note off. I've now made sure that it can't possibly happen, so see if it's cured in the next beta :)
Also the triggers remain latched when i trigger them via the laptop keys. Btw what is panic supposed to do cause it doesn't seem to have any effect when things do get stuck. I could well be cantabile cause i'm not having these issues in other hosts but let me know if there's anything you want me to send you. :)
Again I think it's to do with the above problem, let's see how the next beta goes, should be up today sometime.
Liking the macros, i wondered what you were gonna with all the space. :hihi:
Haha, well I always have a tendency to use up all space and then have no room for adding anything, I've tried really hard to leave some in Vortex :)

They are great, the ones in the master section were so much fun that it was inevitable there had to be more!

Cool. 8)

Just tried it on my desktop and it's ok. Also just tried it with a midi out on my mopho and it's great, specially with the triggers. It's all making sense now and coming together in a cohesive way. :)

Actually it just crashed Cantabile when adjusting the CC1 slider shift function to lower the cutoff (CC74) on midi channel 1.

(Moved FR to correct place)

Added: Tried latching a sequence with a sustain pedal and when i released it the sequence remained playing. Tried all notes off and disabling the audio engine but it just won't quit! :hihi:

Also tried changing presets. Again, just to reiterate; Vortex rocks! :D
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”