Vortex Feature Requests

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the thread to keep track of requests, please post them here instead of the beta thread. I'll start making the roadmap for v1.1.

So Far for v1.1:

* Polyphony - 4 sub-sequences per sequence which will be utilized in various ways via a mode menu. Examples are polyphonic - all play simultaneously, chained to make a single sequence and different combinations of the 2 plus many more modes.
* Import/Export of Sequence Data for single sequences and also all sequences.
* Rewrite the undo engine
* Swing
* Note Length

Long Term:
* Midi Import/Export - I'd like some feedback on what people expect from this, I can't really see how it could be useful at the moment.

Short Term:

* Octave of Pitch transposers
* Range Selectors
* Bypass Sequencer Buttons
Last edited by Astralp on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I'm not sure whether this has been implemented as yet.

Each midi mixer has a midi channel out selection for true multi timbral :)

MarkSA wrote:I'm not sure whether this has been implemented as yet.

Each midi mixer has a midi channel out selection for true multi timbral :)
It is true multi timbral, you select which channel the sequence is using on the sequence page :)

Thanks Andy I found info on the sequence page.

Is more steps possible 64 or 128 :lol:

:)

I think that the controls under the keyboard on the top left side of the sequence that are activated by the red square should have a lassoing border around them to distinguish them from the global controls like master volume, which sit across the same area. Or some visual way to identify the latter.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

The button is only for the manual tempo

Got it! Missed that one.

TY

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

I think the 12 outputs would be great, as it is only 4 out at the moment. (So it could be used in a host with other instruments. Designed the way you have it now, internal and external 12 X).

If that was implemented, there may be no need for midi export.

Mark, it already has 12 midi outputs, it's the internal audio engine that has 4 selectable outputs. You can currently control any 12 midi instruments just by disabling the internal synth on each channel (top of the mixer). The outputs Como is talking about are audio outputs for the external synths so that each one could have it's own audio outputs in the host for adding effects etc... :)

Astralp wrote:Mark, it already has 12 midi outputs, it's the internal audio engine that has 4 selectable outputs. You can currently control any 12 midi instruments just by disabling the internal synth on each channel (top of the mixer). The outputs Como is talking about are audio outputs for the external synths so that each one could have it's own audio outputs in the host for adding effects etc... :)
Make that " ... audio outputs for the internal synths ... "

:hihi:

Como

(cough cough) ..... ahem..

Now that I'm playing around with multiple instances ... for performance it would be great to be able to restrict the note range so you could have multiple instances in a rack, but when inutting midi from a keyboard, you could have some control over which instance would react to any specific range of midi notes ... sort of like midi splits.

I was thinking you don't really need to have the low octive that triggers, but use the little keyboard at the top of the GUI starting at C2/48 and be able to draw in nd 'grey out' from both ends to select a smaller range.
Como

How about having something like the squash selectors? I'm just thinking it would give more flexibility as you could have selected notes playing together if you wanted rather than blanketing an entire range? It's another good idea, must admit I haven't thought about using multiples much so far :)

In that case I'll make a new panel today for the pitch octave which will create some space for this too.

Astralp wrote:How about having something like the squash selectors? I'm just thinking it would give more flexibility as you could have selected notes playing together if you wanted rather than blanketing an entire range? It's another good idea, must admit I haven't thought about using multiples much so far :)

In that case I'll make a new panel today for the pitch octave which will create some space for this too.
Like the squash selector? Even better! Imagine how easy it would be to load the same preset in more than one instance, but then have a melodic passage shifted down or up in diatonic fashion from one instance of Vortex to another? You could quickly and easily do some amazing things.

Como

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”