Can't Get Vortex to Work at All [SOLVED]

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using the Vortex full version in Reaper 4 x64 (Win 7 x64.) I can't get it to make a sound. not only does it not look like the version in the manual but half the features appear to be missing. I couldn't find any presets in Vortex nor any way to load them via the GUI so I loaded the fxb in Reaper but this absolutely did nothing. I've RTFM but I still haven't a clue how to get Vortex to work. I thought Geist was complicated but you need a PhD to get this thing working it seems. :bang:

I bought ARP as well and that works fine in Reaper triggering Alchemy. Just so you know I'm not a complete noob at this plugin lark.

Any help (and I mean ANY) would be appreciated.
Last edited by munchkin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eureka! I checked my VST folder and found that I had an old Beta version of Vortex still in the VST folder. Reaper hadn't scanned the full version because of this. It's working fine now that I've removed the beta. :oops:

UPDATE: Been playing with Vortex for awhile now. Using the internal sounds and controlling Alchemy. This is a great synth/arp. 8)

Ahhh glad you got it sorted and are enjoying Vortex, I was really hoping it would take off but alas no :)

Astralp wrote:Ahhh glad you got it sorted and are enjoying Vortex, I was really hoping it would take off but alas no :)
Make that, "Alas, not yet." The 'beast' is there, maybe just some tweaking to reveal the 'beauty.'

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Optimistic as ever my friend :) The lack of interest certainly knocked the wind out of my sails, but it is building again slowly but surely!

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”