ARP Scale Remapper Brain Freeze Help!?

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just took my brain and ARP out of the freezer. I reread the manual, but I can't seem to recall how to use the Scale Remapper. Not setting the scale in each of the 12 slots ... I'm down with 'drop down' menus ... I just can't recall how the 12 notes on the left of the panel are supposed to be used.

The manual says:

Scale Remapper
The Scale Remapper, will force incoming midi notes to fit a selected scale depending on which note
is pressed. So if a sequence of notes in a minor key is passed through and Major Scale is selected,
the notes wich aren't part of the major scale will be altered so that they are. How this is done is
determined by the selected Scale Mode (see below). This works independently of the
ARP/Sequencer and can be used on it's own when the Omnichorder is used. Bear in mind that the
root note is never rescaled as it is always the base for every scale.

But I can't understand how you are supposed to use the 12 different remappings.

Help, please!
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Hi Como!

Sorry for the delay, They are tied to the note which is held to trigger a sequence, so if it is C it will use the C scale, F# will use the F# one. It's really only useful with sequences as a standard arp will always use the root note. Hope that helps!

take care
Andy

Astralp wrote:Hi Como!

Sorry for the delay, They are tied to the note which is held to trigger a sequence, so if it is C it will use the C scale, F# will use the F# one. It's really only useful with sequences as a standard arp will always use the root note. Hope that helps!

take care
Andy
Thanks Andy.

I'd actually pretty much figured it out. :)

I'm now trying to brush up my music theory a bit to see, for example, if I'm using Dorian mode on the C, what scale on the F will be more or less 'diatonic' to the C Dorian, which I'm thinking is Mixolydian? Anybody?

Any way I've had great fun using the sequencer with the chord maker and sending a single note through to make some progressions.

To use Arp as an arp, do I just leave the sequencer window empty of notes?

FWIW, I find that while the manual seems to define everything, it is not as clear about how to use things.

BTW, it looks like Arp doesn't have quite as many control parameters (reversing notes in sequence, moving them all up or down or right or left together, etc.) as Vortex. Too bad!

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Oh glad you worked it out, can't help you with the scale question though I'm afraid :)

To use it as an arp just select, another mode except Sequencer, and monophonic if you want it to be like a classic arp as it is capable of polyphonic Arping!

Yes the GUI for Vortex is a bit more advanced..

Andy

Cool, yes ... got it!

Thanks.

Como

Astralp wrote:
Yes the GUI for Vortex is a bit more advanced..

Andy
Any thought of pulling those features into ARP?

Como

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”