Logic 9.1.1 32Bit Bridge Crash

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Jonas, Hello DiScO197
I agree with You, DiScO197. 64 bit compability is needed for the future.
Helix is so nice. You can't bring out a better plug-in.
Helix has charm. I've heard 32 bit can not handle a RAM higher than 4 Gb,
my projects need this space.
I beg to you, Jonas, invest a little more love in what you've created!!!
For your fans......

whitelight wrote:Hello Jonas, Hello DiScO197
I agree with You, DiScO197. 64 bit compability is needed for the future.
Helix is so nice. You can't bring out a better plug-in.
Helix has charm. I've heard 32 bit can not handle a RAM higher than 4 Gb,
my projects need this space.
I beg to you, Jonas, invest a little more love in what you've created!!!
For your fans......
whitelight, presuming you are using Logic?

Not been here for a while, interesting to see a reply so here's where I'm at....

Didn't want to part with Helix so I searched for ways of getting it to function in Logic 64 Bit.

I had already owned Native Instruments Kore (Since version 1, but later 2) for sometime and I found that by running Helix via that plugin in the bit bridge did not crash the bridge, plus, most parameters are assignable to the knobs of the Kore 2 controller making for a very pleasant experience :)

Since Kore is now a discontinued product by NI, you may be able to acquire one for a reasonable price. I'm using it right now and having a great time :)

Things to be aware of though!

The last release of the Kore 2 software is 64 Bit and does not support 32 Bit plugins(2.1.4). You need version 2.1.3 which will show up in the 32 Bit section in Logic(therefore showing Helix).

I copied the 32 Bit component (from version 2.1.3) from my Audio Units plugin folder and installed 2.1.4 for the latest hardware driver then replaced the 2.1.4 component with 2.1.3 again. May seem like a faff, but time well spent for the result I was looking for. All working pristine with Logic 9.1.7 and Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Sorry for all the previous junk Jonas, I'm a new man.

I'm happy that You want to get along with Jonas!
Happy that You have a solution. I'm not sure if this help me, too. I have no logic nor apple. I use audiomulch with win or I am going to. Maybe it run or it run your way or not. Whatever, helix is irreplaceable.

so you are saying you are using 32 bit Kore in logic's bridge then hosting helix in that? wow.

You do realise kore is discontinued and is likely to really not work well at all in the next version of logic and OSX.

I LOVED the helix demo and was considering using the bridge for it as it had such a great sound.. but i tested it in 32 bit logic i didn't even think of testing the bridge. LUCKY! I am so glad i saw this i just saved a potential spend in a couple of months.

What a shame there is more abandonware here with support forums at kvr (see lennard but at least his works in the bridge),

yet he still sells it for $150 and therefore should say on his webpage, not compatible with logic 64 including using the 32 bit bridge.

I can't believe you apologised for your "junk" behaviour.. you did nothing wrong at all Disco you just wanted to use Helix.

This is effectively what is happening, and i would say it's fair to say that 90% is now 100% after 2 years

"i'm never updating my expensive synth again so at some point it will DEFINITELY stop working with apple products. But i am happy to take your $150 for a product i have shelved". :lol:

at least he admits it, so anyone with a mac and logic would need to be in a very silly mood to buy helix now as at least we have the honest info, so i will grant jonas that.. Maybe that's the info Lennard should give out too

The 64 bit version of Helix supporting AU and VST, Mac and PC is available now!
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388669

Return to “Audjoo”