Global pitch control

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I program quite a few patches in helix using the Osc filter to produce fairly enharmonic bell type sounds. The problem is its hard to tune them properly.
Changing the oscillator pitch also changes the timbre of the sound. I cant seem to find a global tune/pitch control and the pitch control of the channel settings in FL9 doesnt seem to have any effect.

Is there any way of doing this? (Hope Im not missing something obvious!)

This is a good idea. Particularly if one is making a patch involving keytracking and lots of modulation influenced by oscillator's pitch, it's a bit of a pain to have to manually transpose every single OSC/Filter value to compensate for the global pitch of the patch.

complicity wrote:Hi

I program quite a few patches in helix using the Osc filter to produce fairly enharmonic bell type sounds. The problem is its hard to tune them properly.
Changing the oscillator pitch also changes the timbre of the sound. I cant seem to find a global tune/pitch control and the pitch control of the channel settings in FL9 doesnt seem to have any effect.

I'm not 100% certain I follow you, but to change the pitch you'd have to change the pitch of both the oscillator and the osc-filter. In the patches I needed something like this I mapped the pitch-wheel or mod-wheel to both.

JonasNorberg wrote:
complicity wrote:Hi

I'm not 100% certain I follow you, but to change the pitch you'd have to change the pitch of both the oscillator and the osc-filter. In the patches I needed something like this I mapped the pitch-wheel or mod-wheel to both.
I believe what he means is a global/master transpose option so he doesn't need to touch all those pitch settings per-oscillator.

Thanks MaliceX, that's exactly what I meant. Its not that straightforward to map controllers to the Helix CCs in FL Studio. However, I hadn't tried Jonas' workaround before as I didn't think the osc and filter controls would be similarly scaled. I've given it a go and it works ok. A master transpose facility would be a lot easier but mapping to the mod wheel solves the problem.

Thanks guys.

Return to “Audjoo”