Helix and screen size?

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I love this synth! And I'm on the verge of buying it.

But I suffer badly from eyestrain, so I was wondering can the gui size be altered at all t,o make it a bit bigger does anyone know?

Thanks in advance, :)

Robert.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:Hi there,

I love this synth! And I'm on the verge of buying it.

But I suffer badly from eyestrain, so I was wondering can the gui size be altered at all t,o make it a bit bigger does anyone know?

Thanks in advance, :)

Robert.
Short answer "no".

Medium answer would be to run your monitor at a lower resolution (thus scaling everything up)

Since we're here, I might as well go off on a tangent and call it the long answer...

I had some plans to allow that, the audjoo_helix_skin.psd is a psd-file that defines the UI. (most of it at least). It kind of works with some limitations (knobs and bitmap-fonts, have some implicit rules)

If you are adventurous, try going on this journey with me:

1. Make a backup of audjoo_helix_skin.psd
2. Open the skin in photoshop (anything that can read-write .psd should work)
3. Resize the image to exactly 200% using "nearest neighbor"
4. Save it.

Ta-daa! The GUI should now be twice as big. (some knobs will be strangely cropped, but it will be big)

Not sure sure if this helps more than it could confuse... either way, short answer is no :)

Thanks,
Jonas

this could also be of help:

http://justgetflux.com/
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks for the detailed answer Jonas. I don't mind if it's cropped a wee bit.

I'll have a go and see what happens. :)

Thanks again,

Rob.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

murnau wrote:this could also be of help:

http://justgetflux.com/
Thanks, I'll have a gander at that too. :)

JonasNorberg wrote: If you are adventurous, try going on this journey with me:

1. Make a backup of audjoo_helix_skin.psd
2. Open the skin in photoshop (anything that can read-write .psd should work)
3. Resize the image to exactly 200% using "nearest neighbor"
4. Save it.

Ta-daa! The GUI should now be twice as big. (some knobs will be strangely cropped, but it will be big)
Hey Jonas,

I tried that but unfortunately it wouldn't let me save the psd. It kept saying it was 'locked' and I did'nt have the rights to alter it. So when I found the psd file I tried to take lock off, but it just would repeat the same error message whenever I tried to save it. :(

I'm on an apple mac btw (in case that helps).

Thanks again, :)

Rob.

Robmobius wrote:I tried that but unfortunately it wouldn't let me save the psd. It kept saying it was 'locked' and I did'nt have the rights to alter it. So when I found the psd file I tried to take lock off, but it just would repeat the same error message whenever I tried to save it. :(

I'm on an apple mac btw (in case that helps).

Thanks again, :)

Rob.
Try saving it in your home directory, and then using finder to replace the existing "skin".

Also, after testing this "trick" on different hosts, some actually do not show the whole UI with the upscaled GUI (reaper could, cubase could not)... Sorry about that... the short answer is still no it seems :)

Thanks Jonas, I'll have another go - I'm using S1 so fingers crossed. :)

R.

If you're running Windows Vista or newer, I recommend using this with the LiveZoom option.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/sysi ... 97434.aspx

If you're on a mac, isn't there an inbuilt fullscreen zoom feature you could use? (command something mousewheel IIRC)

I bought the synth recently!

Sorry, old thread I know, but I'm very excited with Helix. :) I think it sounds incredible. I'm surprised that it kind of went under th radar for a lot of people.

Great youtube tutes as well btw!

Cheers,

R.

I always found the Helix GUI to be big compared with many others Plugins.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:I always found the Helix GUI to be big compared with many others Plugins.
It's just my bad eyesight, just for small numbers and small sliders. After using it, it actually didn't cause me any problems. Such a great synth. :)

Return to “Audjoo”