Bank/Programm to change Sessions in Setlist

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm having the following problem: I want to change the sessions in a setlist by sending program change instructions. When using a pure program change instruction this can easily be done by implementing an assignment to load setlist.

The problem: my keyboards send bank/program change instructions and these are obviously not interpreted by the assignment. Is there another possibility to realise this?

Many thanks in advance, humphrey 8)

Basically bank numbers are cc controllers #0 and #32.

Probably you can filter these out before the evaluation as setlist numbers.

There is a "suppress events" midi filter in Cantabile that can probably do this. I have just no clue where to insert that... :-o
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

Hi TiUser,

yep, problem fixed (I really should have been able to manage this by myself...).

The "suppress event" is a function I use nearly on every MIDI path - it's really powerful and easy to handle. As I don't need to handle MIDI ports in differnt ways concerning Bank/Program I simply created a Filter on Global input.

Many thanks again for your help, humphrey 8)

Thanks for mentioning "global input" - I should take a memo and try that any time too... :D

Anyway, what counts is that the problem could be resolved. :tu:

[Edit]
Oh, forgot, it might be useful to have the option to use bank / program numbers instead of just programs... there is some other post where this was already requested, either for the session list entries as well as the subsession list in case of 128 items might not be enough... :oops:
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

Hey Guys, could you be more specific about this?
I'm trying to load the songs by the program change number.
I've set suppress event on my synth (synth1 in this case) so that doesn't change when sending a PC.

What exactly should I add to the Midi filter?
Can you describe exactly, it's kinda chinese to me :)
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Puhhhh, long ago and I`m not on cantabile since years, so no grant for anything.

as far as I remember:

1) Setup -> Global Input -> Add "Suppress Events" -> 0,32 under "Controllers
2) Setup -> Midi Assignments -> Learn Mode activated
3) Send a MIDI program change instruction from your keyboard to teach cantable
4) Assign to "Set List - Load Song (Instant)"

This way it should hopefully work...

For better understanding:

Suppress events supresses controllers 0 and 32 which carry the bank information. If cantabile is tought to this instruction it can not handle program changes. After suppression of these two bytes the pure program change is left and cantabile is able to react on this.

Global Input: implements this filter on every input. So you can add Assignments to more than one keyboard if you like (but also works with only one of course).

Please keep in mind that the procedure I described is only able to change songs in a setlist (and not in a subsession!).

good luck and kind regards, humphrey
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Wow ! You have a great memory ! :)
I can't wait to try that out tomorrow !
Thx so much !!!
(ps: what program are you using right now as live host?)
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Forte

Regards, humphrey
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Return to “Topten Software”