Problem resetting audio driver buffer ONLY in Cantabile

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got a problem resetting the audio buffer of my Audiophile 2496 soundcard when using Cantabile 2.0.0.2064. The buffer is always 64 samples which is too small, giving me snaps/crackles/pops regularly.

Using the Galaxy Player or Cubase I can set the buffer however I want, but when I go back to Cantabile it reverts to 64 samples and I can't change it. This is regardless of the sample rate, and yes, I did try closing Cantabile then opening the 2496 control panel to make changes. No success.

Any ideas about what's going on would be appreciated.

User>AppData>Roaming>Topten Software> Cantabile directory. There may be more than one Cantabile directory as you can have different setups via aliases.
Open each one and delete the settings file.
Open Cantabile and rebuild your audio/midi settings. Sounds like something corrupted in there.
Also suggest you download the latest experimental build which is some improvements.

pinkcanaru wrote:User>AppData>Roaming>Topten Software> Cantabile directory. There may be more than one Cantabile directory as you can have different setups via aliases.
Open each one and delete the settings file.
Open Cantabile and rebuild your audio/midi settings. Sounds like something corrupted in there.
Also suggest you download the latest experimental build which is some improvements.
Thanks. I'll give it a shot and get back..

Well, I tried the suggestions and nothing worked. I then updated to the latest Cantabile version and deleted the new settings folder. No joy.

After that I uninstalled both my soundcard drivers and Cantabile, and reinstalled, still with no success.

So I think my next move will be to contact Cantabile itself.

Has your soundcard driver an own application (with user interface) for setup? Maybe there are any settings there that avoid proper change of buffer size...
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

Return to “Topten Software”