Features request

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello folks!

There is some small features request.

1. I'm syncing cantabile with ableton live.
Each time I use click for my drummer I have to press stop (when the song ends) and then play (when the next song begins) otherwise sync fails.
So it would be great if I can set up trigger to execute Stop or Play action once the Song is loaded (unloaded).

2. Sometimes notes get stuck during changing subsessions.
So it is necessary to send midi All notes off (it is known as CC#123 message) to all midi channels while switching between subsessions.
Setting up trigger helps to resolve the issue.
I think it will be easier if there is a predefined action in place - All notes off.

Kind regards,
Alexander.

I would recommending loading this build.

http://www.cantabilesoftware.com/download/experimental

There were some some stop issues with older versions.

SoftMachine wrote: 1. I'm syncing cantabile with ableton live.
Each time I use click for my drummer I have to press stop (when the song ends) and then play (when the next song begins) otherwise sync fails.
So it would be great if I can set up trigger to execute Stop or Play action once the Song is loaded (unloaded).
Hi Alexander, may I ask you how do you sync Cantabile with Ableton live? I really need it but I have no clue on how this is possible (I thought it was only possible with ReWire). Thx much!

Hello drwx!

First of all you must install some virtual routing software (i'm using loopMidi - it's fast enough) and add 2 or more virtual ports to it.

Then you have to set up Midi devices in cantabile:
You should choose one virtual port for sync (Port 1 for instance)
and check clock [v] option for it.
So that Cantabile could send clock to the ableton.

The second port may be used for midi transferring (from physical midi controller to cantabile and then to ableton live thru loopMidi) if needed.
I use one physical controller for both cantabile and ableton live, that's why i'm using second virtual port.
Otherwise you can simply use another physical controller specially for ableton live.

Then you must setup Ableton Live sync.
Go to the Options -> MIDI sync
You should check Sync button against the virtual Port 1.
Then press Ok.
In the top-left corner of the main Ableton window you'll see EXT buttton - push it. It must be active.

So the journey begins :-)

If you press Play in cantabile, Ableton Live will play too.
The Ableton tempo will be synced to the Cantabile song tempo.
If the song ends - press stop (in cantabile) or sync will be lost when you will load next song (this is the issue i'm talking about)

Play and stop buttons can be bound to some physical button on the controller.

PS
Notice that Cantabile - Options - Metronome - Midi clock - sensitivity is set to balanced. However some little clock fluctuation happens in Ableton.

Thanks, pinkcanaru! I'll try.

==
Regards, Alexander

This might also help ( You can program delays which would allow for loading time)
pinkcanaru wrote:OK - here's how I do it:

Make a setlist with the songs in order.

Then create two triggers.
The first is named 'next sub' and its event is Stop. Its action is Send Note D2 to Loopback 1.
The second is named 'play sub' and its event is Sub-session Load. Its action is Send Note C#2 to Loopback 3.

In the MIDI controller assignments the following are entered:
1. Set List -Load Next Song. The controller is Note D2 on Loopback 1
2. Transport Play. The controller is C#2 on Loopback 3.

Each entry in your sub-session list will have the required media file enabled as Sync Master.

If you wish a subession to to load and not play then enable the Trigger for Next Sub / Transport Stop only. Only when you manually play will the file commence playback. When the file ends or you manually invoke Stop, the next subsession will load and play.

If you wish a subsession to load and play then tick both the triggers. The file will load and commence playback. When the file ends or you manually hit stop, the next file will load and play AS LONG BOTH of its triggers are enabled.

If you wish a file to play and stop at its end, then you enable only the Play Sub /Session Load trigger. The file will play and stop at the end.

If you PM me, I will send you a template.

Return to “Topten Software”