Setting "Midi Control Change" parameters per Song

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please try this:
Make a fresh session.
Load guitar rig and set subsession behavior to program off and entire bank on
Make 2 subsessions.
Turn Auto save on and put a totally different gr program in each.
Switch and look. Is the GUI changing ?
It does here.

pinkcanaru wrote:Is the GUI changing ?
It does here.
It works.
But when I save the cantabile session file (*.cantabile) and reload it again it does NOT work. :cry: Thats the problem.

Thanks,
Roelli.

Stop! :D

With entire bank and everything else switched off in the subsession behavior it works.

But the Program-Name doesn't change in cantabile
AND it doesn't change in the Preset List in Guitar Rig (but it changes at the right) (quiet confusing)

I thought "Entire Bank" will end up in a long loading time (The Prominy V-Metal plugin needs a long time to load, even with SSD harddisks) but I can just use the "Entire Bank" feature only with the guitar rig plugin and not with the v-metal plugin.

Good! 8)

Thanks for your support!

Roelli.

I think the next thing you should try is issuing patch changes from the midi routing table.

pinkcanaru wrote:I think the next thing you should try is issuing patch changes from the midi routing table.
Not as easy as I thought it would be... to make a simple split sound for two Instruments loaded into Kontakt.

Making split sounds was easy with my Roland JD800, Korg X3, EMU ESI4000, Roland Fantom... but i couldn't find out how it works in cantabile within 2 hours. (and I already know the split sound tutorial shown on youtube) :scared:
(source:any, Settings:Slit C4, Target: Rack1, CH1 for Sound 1, CH2 for Sound2)
I tried that also with free plugins but I don't know how to set the "receiving midi channel" for these free-vsts. (if they have any adjustments for channels 1-16)

And yesterday my macbook powersupply stopped working. Very reliable computer technology... :D
Time to think about second notebook as a spare machine.

Thanks,
Roelli.

Return to “Topten Software”