FX automation controlled with midifile playing !

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!
I am actually struggling to have vst FX automation working in Cantabile Performer 2.0 , without any success as yet.
What I want and need to do is to auto trigger in real time and in sync several actions on some FX Racks (mainly some vocal delays and reverb sends)
The idea would be that while the singer performs, some fxs are triggered on/off, like I would throw signal in the send with a real mixing desk, and this automatically at precise moments in the song!

So I am planning to create a midifile with the corresponding events (ccs, notes on/off etc... in a sequencer, and play it with cantabile (assigned to the fx rack!) So if I play the midi file it is gonna "trig" the parameter automatically.
This is theory, but I couldn't achieve it for now.

My problem seems to be that I cannot use midi assignements to tell the vst plugin to react on a certain Controller from the midifile! It only seems to take commands from my master Keyboard (in midi assignement, when "waiting for controller" in learn mode, i cannot choose for example, note C1 from the midifile, what i can only do is press c1 on my keyboard, and it then gets assigned to "note c1 from axiom 25" (this is my midi controller). Obviously, when the midifile plays to the vst rack, the c1 note within it is sent, but not recognised as a 'c1' from my axiom!!

Can anyone give me a hand on this one ? cheers

Return to “Topten Software”