Newbie Question - Not all notes playing?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I am just getting started with the VST's, and in the trial period of Cantabile. The only VST I own so far is the Oberheim OP-X from sonic projects, as I am in a Rush Tribute band and trying to get the correct sounds.

In playing the "Camera Eye" patch, it sounds like some of the notes are not playing when I play a chord, like the synth is set to Lead instead of Poly. Being new to this setup, I don't know where the sound drop out is coming from.

I am playing the 32 bit Oberheim VST on Cantabile 64 bit, using jBridge, on a Asus Zenbook Core i-5 2557M 1.7, with 4GB of ram Win7 64 bit with a 256GB SSD. Playing from a Korg X50 (via USB) and just using the onboard sound card with the ASIO4All driver.

Camera Eye Patch - Clip #4
http://www.sonicprojects.ch/obx/welcome.html (http://www.sonicprojects.ch/obx/welcome.html)

The Camera Eye patch has a LOT of extra sounds going on for each note played. I was wondering if I am hitting the limits of the VST's ability? Could it be that the 64bit Cantabile doesn't like the 32bit VST? I would think my computer is fast enough? I am working on eliminating some of the overhead processes and willing to make this a dedicated laptop.

Where should I look first to solve this problem. This synth just sounds so friggin awesome, I would like to blow away my band mates with what sounds like the real deal at our next practice.

After further investigation, it looks more like it is just particular synth sound rather than anything eminating from the computer, or Cantible.

just tested it here: OP-X Pro II works well in Cantabile x64 - camera eye sound is available as in the example on sonicprojects.

Could it be that the delay-time till the randomizing (which probably is what you called "LOT of extra sounds") takes longer than you expect? You have to hold the keys for more than a second to establish this.

regards, humphrey
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Return to “Topten Software”