Sending settings from Cantabile to Hardware synth

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello!

I play keyboard in a band and right now my set up is an old Korg M1 synth and a new Roland AX-Synth that i just bought. I have my playlist in Cantabile Performer on my laptop and have up to now only used my synths as MIDI keyboards, and all sound have come from the VST synths in Cantabile.

I want to start use the sounds in my Roland AX-Synth too as a complement when playing live, but I have one problem that i haven't been able to solve myself. I'm a very new user to both Cantabile and midi in general so I haven't really gotten in to all the lingo etc yet.

Basically what I want to do is when I load a new session in Cantabile, I want the settings in the AX-Synth to change. I want to change the active sound and sometimes transpose the keyboard too.

I've tried to read up on MIDI triggers but I haven't really found out how to solve this.

I've read the manual and MIDI plan of the Roland AX-Synth here: http://www.roland.com/support/article/? ... p=AX-SYNTH (http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=manuals&p=AX-SYNTH)
but I still don't get how I should configure Cantabile so the settings in the AX-Synth is changes for each song in the playlist.

If someone can write or point me to a guide with some examples to help me get started with this I would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks!!!
//Borka

Hi Borka,

this should be a simple setting:
1) Open Triggers
2) Add a Trigger Event by using the "New Trigger" botton on the left
3) Chose "Session Load" as Event
4) Chose "Program Change" as Action. Here you have the possibility to chose the program number. If your synth reacts on Programm & Bank information you can also do it this way (is described in the dialog)
5) Chose the physical MIDI-Port on your PC (this can be a hardware MIDI-Port or a virtual USB port of your synth - depends on how you have implemented your synth towards your PC).
6) Chose the MIDI-Channel (default would be 1 here).
7) Store this session

If you call up this session lateron cantabile should send the program change instruction to your synth.

regards, humphrey
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

I don't see anyway to insert triggers in Cantaible . There is no open triggers that I see.

This thread is next to 4 years old!! Posting concerned c2 which I don‘t use any more
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Return to “Topten Software”