Old Timer Trying to Join the 21st century

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello
I am working my way through getting a set up that works for the SKA band i play in.
I have licenced Cantabile Solo as the Host and am testing GST VB3 Hammond plugin.
The laptop is a "minimal" install of Win 7 and Laptop has 3 gig Ram.
Soundcard is Behringer UCA 202
Asio4all driver is installed and latency is OK.

The only issue i currently can't resolve relates to midi to USB link.

The master keyboard is an old Alesis QS4 Quadrasynth (used as it is built like a battleship).

I have to keep ticking and unticking the USB midi in box to "kick" it back into life every time i switch the set up on.

Any comments gratefully received?

Hi,

don't think this relates to cantabile but to a lousy USB driver of your keyboard.

To clearify you could test this with another DAW Software. If the effect is still there USB implementation is the reason. In this case you could look for an updated USB driver or use a separate MIDI interface.

regards, humphrey
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

I've now added a korg nanoKontrol for mainly for Hammond and can get the situation where the USB midi and/or the Usb Nano fails to restart.
I'll do some more testing as this set up is great when working.

Hmm, strange... means you now have 2 USB Midi sources showing the effect of I understood correctly.

Could you point out what you're exactly doing when "USB ... fails to restart"? Why restart? Are you exiting cantabile and restarting it short after? Maybe I'm able to rebuild the situation here.
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Hello
I think i know what the issue is.
I am trying to replicate what will happen in the "Live " situation.
Currently i am assuming i have closed the laptop lid down after performing a live set.
I think this means Cantabile goes into sleep mode.
If i close Cantabile down , then close the laptop lid , when i return to the stage i open the lid and restart Cantabile , everything is ok .

Well, I understad. But this is a special problem. It's related to cantabile but I'm not sure if Brad had such a situation in mind when he was coding cantabile ...

Return to “Topten Software”