Plugins do not send Midi [solved]

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unless I've overlooked something it seems that the plugins don't send Midi data (e.g. when using ABCD morphing).

I've double checked in Reaper as well as a demo version of Live. The latter shows that there is no midi capable plugin available in the input list (selector), not even with MTuner that is supposed to send Midi data. It works with MDrummer, though, so the test settings are fine.
Last edited by elassi on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm lost, you seem to be talking about 2 different things (automation and midi) at once. I have no idea what you mean by that :o . Anyway Live is problematic - the plugins have too many parameters, so you need to learn, which parameters you want to control, it cannot control all of them by default. You need to contact Ableton about it. Automation in Reaper works, I did it, but it is so clumsy, that I didn't find a simple way to do it, so I don't know.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, probably my description is not easy to understand. :D

Let's focus on MTuner first: it should send Midi "out" but it doesn't. Neither in Reaper, nor in Live.

I only installed Live to prove the bug as it does only show available Midi sources like i.e. MDrummer (unlike Reaper which has a different source management).

p.s. I "mixed" Midi and Automation because I understood that the ABCD-controller sends its data to the host (instead of the user being able to remote control it and thus record the automation directly inside the host).

Aaaaah, ok. So first it is not a problem in the plugin! I just checked in Cubase that both VST2 & VST3 version DO work and have the MIDI out. The fact that Live doesn't show the MIDI output is either a bug or limitation of Live, so you should ask Ableton about it. Sadly I asked them about some problems recently several times and they seem not to be focused on Live anymore or something, so I guess their customers, you :), should rather do that. You know MIDI out from an effect isn't exactly a standard thing, so many hosts probably won't work with it... How to do any MIDI routing in Reaper is a mystery to me, so I cannot say about that one :D.

Btw. how on earth is ABCD morphing or automation related to any of this??? :o
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:their customers, you :), should rather do that.
It seems I'm speaking in Latin or another dead language. :cry:
I'm not a customer of Ableton. I only installed the demo to perform sensible bug testing before writing about a potential problem. In other words: I wanted to check my observation in another host to gather more information...
MeldaProduction wrote:Btw. how on earth is ABCD morphing or automation related to any of this???
Then let me ask in another way: how can I automate the ABCD morphing? Or record it's parameter changes while using the mouse?

____
Edit: Thx for the Cubase test and confirmation.

Ok so, the other host is Reaper, correct? Then please tell me exactly how I can route MIDI in Reaper from a plugin, because it's just a mystery to me :D.

ABCD morphing itself cannot be automated, but you can automate the parameters being changed, the usual way, so I'm not sure what you are asking for. In Cubase for example you enable automation write, press playback, do some morphing :). Again just tested to ensure I'm not lying :D.

Edit: But again, how is it related to the MIDI out???
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Then please tell me exactly how I can route MIDI in Reaper from a plugin, because it's just a mystery to me :D.
:D

Will do. And yes, it's a bit confusing but once you got it...
MeldaProduction wrote:In Cubase for example you enable automation write, press playback, do some morphing :).
Aaaaaaaaaah, me suspects this was the golden hint. :hug:
MeldaProduction wrote:Edit: But again, how is it related to the MIDI out???
Somehow I had the impression (from reading old ABCD-related threads) that its work will force the related controls to send out Midi data. :dog: And I know now where this misunderstanding came from as I never record "mouse driven" automation in the host. I always use Midi-CC's for automation.

^^^^
MIDI Out does work OK in Reaper - here I have just put a MIDI Monitor immediately after MTuner in the FX chain:

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/gbRMAM4.png

MIDI from a plug-in, by default, replaces any MIDI recieved and is passed to the next plug-in in the FX Chain. Or the MIDI (or audio or both) can be Sent to another track - drag the [io] button from the source track to the destination track for the pop-up dialogue window.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Very well ;). So it's ok, right?

And thanks for the info DarkStar!
Vojtech

Yep, everything's ok.

We could now use the resulting spare time for bitching Ableton. :D
Or discuss a FR for the ABCDEFGH-department!? :love:

See the morphing feature of the GRM Tools: you can not only remote control the selection of 'snapshots' (1-16) but select the time range for the morphing from one to another (slider at the right edge, actual value is 7.6s). By this you can establish great and predictable sweeps that perfectly fit to your song tempo. :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok, so the morphing idea - sorry, no, impossible. The morphing as it is now uses all parameters of the plugin, even those, which cannot be automated. BUT you can do that you are asking for using multiparameters - check the pretty new "bank mode". There will be some tutorial soon hopefully.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, so the morphing idea - sorry, no, impossible. The morphing as it is now uses all parameters of the plugin, even those, which cannot be automated. BUT you can do that you are asking for using multiparameters - check the pretty new "bank mode". There will be some tutorial soon hopefully.
Yeah, "Bank mode" is quite cool. :tu:

Tried it already and it had sort of influence on the FR...

Return to “MeldaProduction”