Midi-Control on QuickSetup-Site Rhythms-Section

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

before - I'm a total N00b in drumming, I've mostly played keyboard/organ sheet music.
Now I want to play with some sounds on hardware-keys and with computers to build some combined live/playback-pieces.
I've watched some vids of mdrummer, have played with some possibilities of mdrummer lite and buyed mdrummer large in the hope, that I can it use so as I do imagine myself.
But I can't find a possibility to play btw. with a foot controller in a manner live while I improvise a piece with my hands on the keyboard.
Is there a possibility to control the "transport-buttons" in the rhytms-section on the quicksetup-tab?
This would be in my manner a top feature, because so could mdrummer used very flexible in live performances.
It woud be a good think, if the rhytm-channel selection, the introbutton, the beatbutton, the verse1-button, the verse2-button the chorus-button, the break-button the l-break-button and the outro-button could be assingnet to midi-buttons on any midi-controller, e.g. a 2 octave-footpedal or any other footcontroller, e.g. the behringer footcontroller FCB1010.
A further step would be, if all settings on that window (Rhytms on the quicksetup-tab) could be assigned to midi-controller(s) and / or could
Are there possibilities?

Greetings from the OreMountains, also known as CristmasLand, in Germany

Ruben

Hi Ruben,

check this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRbVSkQ ... e=youtu.be

And yes, you can use so-called MIDI command method to control MDrummer. But it's impossible to control everything of course, MDrummer is the deepest drum software on the market and there are waaaay too many features...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks Voijtech for the answer. But I know this method and do not mean that, because I want to "play" drumming with mdrummer quasi "live" with a midi-controller by hand (better foot)
I want to assign controller-buttons to the play-section on MDrummer, I don't want to play with a DAW in time-mode or pianoroll-mode as playback.
The question is how to assign the different buttons in the play-section to midi-controllers to play live...

Thanks for another hint

Ruben

Well, then you need to setup your MIDI controller to send say D0 for Verse 1, F0 for Verse 2, A0 for Chorus, and something in octave 2 as outro, or 3 for stop immediately, that's all ;). The buttons are just shortcuts for the MIDI commands ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Oh - thanks I'll try that. In the moment there is not enough time to make music, in summertime I have to work around in house and garden... ;)
Then, cu later ;-)

Well, then you need to setup your MIDI controller to send say D0 for Verse 1, F0 for Verse 2, A0 for Chorus
mhm, ok, ist thne so that a MIDI-Noteon-Event triggers the part in mdrummer...
But I could'nt find any list which note triggers which part of mdrummer neither in the help nor in the documentaition.
Can you pls write a short list which could be used as cheat-sheet?

Thanks in advance
Ruben

Ruben, it's all just MIDI command method, nothing else, no secret tricks. And you said you already know about it, or don't you?
Vojtech

Vojtech, I believe he knows how to do it on a piano roll, but I think he's confused about how to do it in a live setting.
If I understand your answers, he should be able to program the octaves on his midi keyboard to mdrummer's keys and get the same result as he would in a piano roll, correct?
But then there's the question of how programmable is MDrummer? If I have a controller connected, and I program C0 to play verse 1, what happens when I release the key? Will it continue to play until I play another key, or will the loop stop on release?
I personally have no real-world use for this but it is interesting.

Note-offs are totally ignored, so once you press say C0, MDrummer follows the particular command (in this case a minimum level break) and continues ;)
Vojtech

Hi all,
he knows how to do it on a piano roll, but I think he's confused about how to do it in a live setting
edkilp understood what I've meant...
Now I'm a little paece of further, but the next problem occurs:
How and where can I change the midi-input of mdrummer standalone? I've 6 MIDI-Devices on my PC- and I think that only a random device has been connectet - it happend by luck to an keyboard...but that sholdn't do it so doesn't it?
Note-offs are totally ignored, so once you press say C0, MDrummer follows the particular command (in this case a minimum level break) and continues
Sorry, but not on mine...it only that behavior if under advanced is jammode and midi-mode selected (btw. in any case it appears after a few tries me so - but I will not pretend it)

Thanks for hints
Ruben

PS For questions about work with rhytms I'll open a new thread...

hempelr wrote:How and where can I change the midi-input of mdrummer standalone?
It's a seperate program ('god' knows why).

You find it in your MDrummer program directory. It's called "mdrummerconfig.exe".

Note that you can only select one input at a time. :!:

For the "spreadsheet" thing you see what key is related in rhytm editor =>loop selector.
But i think you already see it.
Also all command of Ableton live can be assigned in any button/midi controller with just one click it can be usefull for live setting too live is well "live oriented" :)

thanks you both, I'll try that...
That there is a separate config-executable is a think what nobody can smell, but then thinks seems be clearer....
(sorry, but its an german phrase, I don't know wether native english speaker do understand ;)

We don't say "what nobody can smell" but might say "which is rather difficult to sniff out old chap"!

Yep, it's a separate program - historical reasons :D. It's current pretty much useless, but most people use plugin versions anyway, so there's not so much need to move it to the actual interface. The MDrummerConfig also fixes potential installation problems, so there's a use for it anyway.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”