MXXX testing/preset program

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it may bury several vst mix. :hihi:

Safe to assume that this means, you should not open plugins in the Sidechain area? But can a warning/stop in the sidechain section for the accidental opening of plugins be added? The noise sustained bursts could be bad for hearing/headphones/monitors. Even with the DAW volume set to near zero, its still super loud.

If you right click the image and select "view image" you can get a bigger view.

YAY! I just crased FLS :D Using, Chorus and Harmonizer set to granulizer setting. I love grain synthesis! MXXX should be a great granulizing tool!

First of all thanks for the opportunity. Just read the e-mail, downloaded, installed and registered. Loaded up in Sonar X1D and played around a little. Seems stable so far. I will post what I find here.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

So far so good here with the VST3 version in FL Studio. This is a very cool plugin, and it's obvious that you've put a lot of work into it. :o Thanks for letting me help you create presets with it!

Roy

Ok folks, I'll try to respond to your questions:

- Bidule - I'll check.
- Voice parameter in chorus - what you mean by "fasten"?
- MIDI notes to trigger effects - check the supplied samples ;). It doesn't work like you want, but this method is more "general" and there are some technical reasons.
- ctrl+alt+v - yeah, well, I guess you have some installed addon, which makes the @, don't you?
- Preset storing & flags - ok I'll check, but do you have some kind of "defined behaviour"?
- EZMix killer - you bet!! That's obvious!! 8)
- Sidechain area - no no, you can do anything there, but then right click on the plugin and set its input to something else.
- Crash using granular harmonizer - can you give me more info about that? I tried, but nothing so far. Try to reproduce it.

And folks, I see some of you are really interested in the Modular processor :), please be careful with it :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:- ctrl+alt+v - yeah, well, I guess you have some installed addon, which makes the @, don't you?
Nope. But it could be system related somehow, I also heard Ableton has pretty wierd keyboard handling sometimes. Better wait for some Ableton confirmation.
MeldaProduction wrote:- Preset storing & flags - ok I'll check, but do you have some kind of "defined behaviour"?
Well in my case I opened already saved active preset, changed it and saved it under original name. It seemed like it overwrote the preset, but in preset selecting window was new one with no name (empty menu item) and the new settings.

Anyway congrats on amazing plugin! As I said on your Facebook. Like Zebra of FX world. Outstanding! This won't be just EZMix killa! :) Loving it already for some creative madness!!! :)

FarleyCZ wrote:
MeldaProduction wrote:- ctrl+alt+v - yeah, well, I guess you have some installed addon, which makes the @, don't you?
Nope. But it could be system related somehow, I also heard Ableton has pretty wierd keyboard handling sometimes. Better wait for some Ableton confirmation.
With Ableton on Vista, I don't get @ when pasting. ctrl+v and ctrl+alt+v both paste okay. alt+v didn't do anything. I thought maybe you had some quirky behavior in the email field, but I didn't get an @ there either.

Roy

I've already emailed this to Vojtech, but I'll post it here as well, in case some folks here have some comments on the idea:

I'm suggesting a new processor/module: a dynamic- or transient-crossover. Basically this would divide signal into two, one being the louder/transient parts and the other the quieter/sustain parts. I noticed that by doing this manually with dynamic processors or with amplitude-followed gain modulation, it is difficult to get the amplitude to stay constant between the two signal strands (so there will easily be either drop-outs or unnaturally loud moments). Building this into a crossover would ensure that the overall amplitude would remain constant.

I suppose there would be different ways of approaching this - one would be by transient detection and another by loudness. Perhaps it could be two different modules, one with an approach similar to the Transient processor and the other similar to the Dynamics processor - but maybe it would be more convenient to build the functionality into a single module.

In any case I would argue this could be devastatingly useful, not only for esoteric creative effects but also for mixing tasks. After all, foreground-background -thinking is crucial to much sound-design and mixing and a processor like this would give great control over that. In many cases the background could be effected much more radically while still maintaining clarity (a bit like in M/S-processing).

Perhaps the simplest way to do it would be that behind the scenes there's a panner between two (stereo) channels. A threshold-parameter is used to control whether the signal is being directed into channel 1 or 2 - when it's under the threshold, it's going to 1 and over to 2. However, the attack and release parameters control how quickly the panning from ch 1 to 2 and vice versa happens - say, if attack is set to 100ms and release to 200ms, it smoothly pans from ch 1 to ch 2 during 100ms when the signal has gone over the threshold and from ch2 to 1 in 200ms once the signal has dropped below the thresh.

It could perhaps be enhanced with a Ratio parameter (or perhaps more appropriately min and max ratios), so that once the signal has gone over the threshold, if the ratio is set to 70%, 30% of the signal is still coming out of ch 1. Furthermore, many of the standard features of a dynamic processor, such as peak hold, look-ahead RMS length, knee size, side-chain input etc would still be applicable and useful. Finally, of course it could also divide the signal into more than two channels (say, with low- and high thresholds dividing the signal into 3), but it might be overcomplicating things.

I've noticed odd behavior with modulation when removing a processor. To reproduce:

1) Split into 2 bands using the main crossover
2) In the low band, add a Frequency Shifter
3) Modulate the Shift parameter and turn on the modulation
4) In the high band, add a Phaser

Everything is at it should be, with only Shift getting modulated.

6) Delete the Frequency Shifter

Note that the modulator is now modulating the Min frequency of the Phaser.

Other than this, Mxxx has been very stable for me in FL Studio 10. It's also been a lot of fun!

FarleyCZ wrote:...opened already saved active preset, changed it and saved it under original name. It seemed like it overwrote the preset, but in preset selecting window was new one with no name (empty menu item) and the new settings.
Exactly the same here (blank preset name). However I managed to successfully store a preset later on. I'll try to reproduce it next time.

Hi to all,

PanozK here a humble sound designer,

I spend the day playing with MXXX by using it right away for the monster voices of an upcoming MMO I'm doing the sound.

Just my first report here,

The UX is great and the interface looks good without getting my eyes tired at all!

Its now very easy to make custom plugins, until now I was using either Plogue Bidule through REAPER's great routing facilities, or JS plugins I was making by combining scripts form other users. This one (MXXX)will be a blast!

I love that we can have a Modular module within another Modular, encapsulation rules!

Now I will tell you my big wish, as the plugin already captured my heart and my mind runs with the speed of light right now.
-------
As I do a lot of vocoding and spectral morphing (with other tools) in order to create voices of monsters from actors, it would be great to have a vocoder that can do pitch tracking of the modulator and pass it to the end result, thus keeping the spoken word physically into the right spoken pitches. This, together with a loop player (borrowed from the MDrummer) could be the ultimate vocoding tool. I also have a lot of personal generated loops that I use when vocoding or morphing for voices that it would be nice to be included on a closed file if distributed as presets for the MXXX.
-------
Now, I know that I'm running here, but as I too have a software development company, I really know that ideas are good to be noted way ahead :-)

Other than that, the plugin looks great and I'm gonna enjoy using and testing it for sure!

Over and out for now, more news and reports later this week, probably with some samples of work in audio :-)

Thank you for making so nice toys for us to play and create!

Cheers!
Founder & Lead Designer
SoundFellas
Sound Wizards Extraordinaire

MeldaProduction wrote: Crash using granular harmonizer - can you give me more info about that? I tried, but nothing so far. Try to reproduce it.
Hmm, I've tried to reproduce it but it seems to work ok now, may be an FLS thing. I'll post if it happens again.

A track I did in about 2007 Cleaned up with MXXX(Mixer and Dymanics)
http://soundcloud.com/abstractcats/phoe ... e-apiphany

Wow is it monday already ? I've been in a time warp since MXXX has hit my mailbox.

MXXX has been very stable here with Repear and Usine (modular host in the fashion of plogue bidule).

FM in the mixer is a nice touch !

My only observation at present is about the feedback loop, for convenience and layout reasons, it might be better if the feedback rectangle thing in the grid can be inserted in line with an audio signal, and lets the regular audio signal run through it + add the feedback return tap, instead of just being the feedback return thing.

Return to “MeldaProduction”