MXXX testing/preset program

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, folks, replying again:

- Dynamic crossover - added to to-do list.
- Modulation when removing processor - will check it out ;)
- Vocoder - there's none yet, hmmm, anyway what you are describing is a normal vocoder or is there any specific feature (i'm a little lost in the description).
- Feedback - add "dry", understood - anything else? What you mean by add feedback return tap??
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: - Vocoder - there's none yet, hmmm, anyway what you are describing is a normal vocoder or is there any specific feature (i'm a little lost in the description).
Given that a vocoder is just N bands of the same filter->envelope extraction->filter chain, then could there be some 'smart' way to encapsulate an effects chain N times without having to manually duplicate it. Some sort of variation on Modular which ostensibly contains a given number of the same chain in parallel. That'd make Vocoders, and various other interesting creative tools, much easier to build.
(And if the chains had a notional 'index' which could be used as an internal variable you could use that to, eg, define the frequency band of an equally-spaced vocoder as 100Hz x index)

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, folks, replying again:

- Vocoder - there's none yet, hmmm, anyway what you are describing is a normal vocoder or is there any specific feature (i'm a little lost in the description).
Something like this would be great: http://www.virsyn.de/en/E_Products/E_MA ... atrix.html

Off course I have never seen a good morphing effect like the one here: http://www.prosoniq.com/audio-plugins/prosoniq-morph/

The extra feature of a good sound design vocoder, used for game audio or films would be the ability to track the incoming pitch of the modulator and adapt it to the final signal in order to keep the vocoded result sound like spoken voice and not the steady pitched sound we used to hear from a vocoder. The Matrix from VirSyn does it with great results.

Cheers!
Founder & Lead Designer
SoundFellas
Sound Wizards Extraordinaire

- Feedback - add "dry", understood - anything else? What you mean by add feedback return tap??
Add dry, that was all i meant. :)

Something else : feedback sends go from 1 to 8, and the channels in the feedback return goes from 0 to 7.
Last edited by farfadetfarfelu on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

After installing the Mac version, I found a file called update.cmd

I see what it is intended to do but for the Mac, there should not be an extension...windows batch files don't belong on Macs :wink:

More importantly, please consider setting up your own forum for this stuff....a single thread on KVR Forum is going to go out of control at some point, there will be way too much stuff for people to review.
David Jameson

dhjdhj wrote: More importantly, please consider setting up your own forum for this stuff....a single thread on KVR Forum is going to go out of control at some point, there will be way too much stuff for people to review.
Maybe we can all just use this forum here, but prefix all thread titles related to MXXX with [MXXX]. A simple solution that doesn't require Vojtech to set up a new forum somewhere and us to register somewhere else.

But an actual issue tracker would maybe be even better.

Ouch --- it's worse .... I didn't realize you have your own file dialog window.
On a Mac, if you can't use the native dialogs, you should at least

a) Open to the user's home folder, not to root
b) Hide stuff that the Mac Finder usually hides such as folders that start with a period

-----------
I opened the activation dialog and saw a line that said

"Do you want to show the file explorer...."

On a Mac, this should really say

"Do you want to open Finder....."
David Jameson

farfadetfarfelu wrote:
Add dry, that was all i meant. :)

Something else : feedback sends go from 1 to 8, and the channels in the feedback return goes from 0 to 7.
Yej, misnumbering :)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, and the rest of questions:

- file dialog - it will definitely stay this way, but I'll check for potential enhancements.
- forum - [MXXX] prefix sounds clever ;). I'm hesitating to make some dedicated forum or anything to avoid managment stuff and I have a blind hope there won't be many problems :D.
- vocoder - definitely the modular stuff not, it's impossible at the moment. Anyway I need to get some info about vocoders, because quite frankly i don't know much and i don't like them :). Anyway to track input pitch you can already use each modulator.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, and the rest of questions:

- vocoder - definitely the modular stuff not, it's impossible at the moment. Anyway I need to get some info about vocoders, because quite frankly i don't know much and i don't like them :). Anyway to track input pitch you can already use each modulator.
The modular stuff is not good for me also, I was thinking of a vocoder effect ready to be inserted in the matrix together with a sample loop playback module to go into there.

The pitch tracking should be applied to the end result of the vocoder output and get its info from the input of the modulator signal.

I can see why you don;t like vocoders, maybe you have them linked in your mind with the lame effect of 80's music (lame for now). With pitch tracking you can do so much more. Imagine having a loop of a lion snarling and gnarling and pas this as a carrier signal, then put your actor to speak and you get a lion talking, its ultra cool for film and game audio!

Cheers!
Founder & Lead Designer
SoundFellas

I guess. Anyway can you give me a quick inside about how the virsyn stuff works? Just asking 'cos you seem to know lots about it, while I ehm don't :).
Vojtech

Now I have tested the MXXX Multieffekt and here are my results and suggestions:

First a bug:
-If i open the modular system and open a device inside the modular system, it is not seen the parameter

Furthermore I cannot assign a MIDI note to the multiparameter, even it is set on "switch" or "trigger" mode. It is seen in the MIDI preferences as example as "MIDI note C1 is triggering multiparameter 1" but if I press on my keyboard it is not working.

-the lfos are not retriggered by midi, it would be cool if there is a possibilitie to let retrigger the lfos through the MIDI notes of an incoming vsti.

So far...

MeldaProduction wrote:I guess. Anyway can you give me a quick inside about how the virsyn stuff works? Just asking 'cos you seem to know lots about it, while I ehm don't :).
I don't aim for a specific design as in a product, mostly the features I gave you on the previous post.

Allow me to make a schematic and send it to you, you prefer mail or I can post it here?
Founder & Lead Designer
SoundFellas

Panozk wrote:[I can see why you don;t like vocoders, maybe you have them linked in your mind with the lame effect of 80's music (lame for now). With pitch tracking you can do so much more. ...
But it's still soooo typical sounding... ;(

Btw, drop me a PM if you're interested in getting Eiosis Vocoder (which is quite versatile) for a human & friendly price. I'm so fed up with vocoder sound...

GUI Text issue:
Sorry if this has been noted. I'll have a good re read of the thread to day :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”