[MXXX] Granulator !!

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmnmm, random delay... makes sense i guess ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

With random delay, It will sound like a rocket on take off, or like a swirling storm of grains. :)

About the cross-fade, what is the longest cross-fade time available right now ?

Shouldn't it sound like a tremolo when using for example 1 second grains with crossfade at 100% ?

The cross-fade is useful to kill the glitching sound between the samples, but maybe with bigger values it could be used as en envelope control for the grains If the maximum length of the cross fade = grain size ?

Grain with Min cross fade :

Same grain with Max cross fade :

Yeah, and new version is on its way (with final update...)

Crossfade - no, what you are describing is fade-in + fade-out. Crossfade attenuates one grain while simultaneously fading in another one. It's actually quite complicated with all the pitch shifting and transformations...

And the crossfade length depends on actual grains used.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Yeah, and new version is on its way (with final update...)

Crossfade - no, what you are describing is fade-in + fade-out. Crossfade attenuates one grain while simultaneously fading in another one. It's actually quite complicated with all the pitch shifting and transformations...

And the crossfade length depends on actual grains used.
Okay thanks, i had completely misunderstood what the cross fade was doing !
Clever !
It's funny how with your explanation, it seems i can hear what the cross fade control is doing to the sound a lot better... :lol:

About version b4 of the granulator.

> "Max copy delay" works great !
A longer max delay time could be useful here, especially for the higher pitches when the grains are shorter.
The sounds it does when moving the control slider is also very usable as an effect.:)

> In retrospect, the fixed delay time between the voices was a different and also very interesting sound.

> I will dare to say the fade in/fade out (or envelope control) of the grains is a very interesting thing to have :the grains can be shorter and more separated from one another, kind of the opposite of the crossfade.:D

Well this has been a very interesting discussion, i'm becoming better at using granulators. :hihi:

Hehe thanks ;)

- Max copy delay - well, it could be longer, but modulation would end in the same troubles as in the beginning, so I'm really hesitating to do that.

- Fixed delay - hmmm, well, "voice copy delay mode"... we'll see :)

- Attack/release - no, sorry, it's really "incompatible" with the current algorithm and all of the features :). Nothing can be perfect :). There could be just one grain at each moment though, but with the current state I don't think it would end up well :).
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Hehe thanks ;)

- Max copy delay - well, it could be longer, but modulation would end in the same troubles as in the beginning, so I'm really hesitating to do that.
I think grm tools shuffling has three seconds, nothing special happens when moving the slider so i don't know how they manage it. Even just one more second or two of max delay time would be great, it gives moooore spaaaaace.:lol:
MeldaProduction wrote:- Attack/release - no, sorry, it's really "incompatible" with the current algorithm and all of the features :). Nothing can be perfect :). There could be just one grain at each moment though, but with the current state I don't think it would end up well :).
Well if you already have the Crossfade that attenuates one grain while simultaneously fading in another one, maybe you can separate the fades from the grain positionning.

Cross fade from 0 to 50% = progressive fade in and fade out of the grains
(the grains are played one after the other)
Cross fade from 50 to 100% = the grains start to cross fade one into the other
(the grains are played simultaneously and overlap)

Anyway, i don't know, if it's not possible then so be it.
Nothing's perfect but sometimes it gets really close ! :)

Well, it's not that simple :D. We'll see ;).
Vojtech

loving the new Granulator, its turning into a very nice sounding and usable module.
I didnt care for it much before.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:loving the new Granulator, its turning into a very nice sounding and usable module.
I didnt care for it much before.
Vojtech

-edit: posted in wrong thread. Meant here instead: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 22#4984922

Return to “MeldaProduction”