Windows 8 Analyzer problems

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Drivers are up to date. I will send you a screen video.

Hi Vojtech,

i send the video to info@meldaproduction.com. Is that correct? Hope you can do something for me.

Thanks and greetings

Marek

Hmmm, interesting. I'd like to offer some suggestion, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. Couldn't it be collision between the analyzer and the equalizer you are using?

It could also be Cubase - hard to explain, but generally Cubase asks the plugin to redraw if it has idle time. For some reason when I installed Win 8 + Cubase 6.5 on my new superfast computer, it started lagging and nothing worked. I switched back to Win 7 and everything is shiny awesome fast now :). But that would be hard for you to try... Can you try a different host? E.g. Reaper is very small.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Shit, I will go back to Windows 7.

Thanks

Marek

Svama wrote:Shit, I will go back to Windows 7.

Thanks

Marek
I'm not saying it is it, but in my case it was... I was pretty upset when I built my new pretty hitech computer and it couldn't even play my older projects. On the forum everyone was saying something different, so who knows, maybe it depends on particular hardware. Though personally I'd stick with Win 7, so far it seems the fastest and most reliable OS I know.

Anyway I'd still check Reaper. If it would be fine there, we could address Steinberg about it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

What da f.... . Same problems with Windows 7 and NOW?????????????

Marek

Hmmm, then it must be the graphics :(. If you have a laptop with onboard graphics and shared memory, that's never a good option. What exactly do you have?
Vojtech

Lenovo x230 with Intel 4000

that doesn't look slow at all ! I didn't find anything on the GPU, but at least CPU (i7 if you have the model I'm looking at, seems there are quite many of them) should be very fast (well, for a laptop).

I googled a few horrible reviews on Intel HD 4000. It may be just coincidence though. Anyway I also read you can set amount of VRAM used by the card - thus I assume you can configure how and how much uses CPU and GPU of your memory. I assume it will be in BIOS, so you'll have to restart everytime you change it, not ideal, but these low-level changes usually are that way.

Also before you do anything please check the Reaper, just so that we know this is a general problem. From your video I see it's unplesant, but it's not a total no-go - when you stop moving mouse it starts again. It could theoretically be some app from Lenovo too if you used original software, but I don't really know what it could do to make this effect.
Vojtech

Thank you so much for spending so much time for my problem. I will check Reaper and my intel settings. Windows 8 is past, but there will be hours for installing all vst Instruments and so on.
Cubase 7 seems to be also buggy.
I have some more Problems using mmultianalyzer. If I use more then five and build my own presets, the colours of the new graphs have another colour than I choose.

Sorry for so much trouble, but I'd like to use your plugs.

Thanks and Greetings

Marek

Okey ;). Let me know!
Vojtech

Hi Vojtech,

no problems inside Reaper, it must be a Cubase Problem! SHIT!

What can we do next?

Marek

Svama wrote:Hi Vojtech,

no problems inside Reaper, it must be a Cubase Problem! SHIT!

What can we do next?

Marek
Well, we can try some experiments, but it will probably be a long and painful process :). Maybe ask Steinberg about it first. And mail me and we'll try some testing version. Which Cubase version you have?
Vojtech

It's Cubase 7.02.

Btw I use Win8/64bt and Cubasez/64bit here in my studio and I have none of the reported problems. All analyzers work as intended. I use them all the time...

So it looks like a hardware specific problem...

I have a GeForce 8600 GT grapgics adapter in my system, if that matters...

Cheers,
Codex

Return to “MeldaProduction”